𝐈𝐕. 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐦

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❝𝐒𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐩𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐊𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, walking there Kate smells the stench of dogs.. Shifters.

"Looks like you'll meet some of your kind today Kate." Alice sarcastically said, smirking as Kate glares at her.

As they were walking, they saw a group of men. Shirtless.

"Hello." Alice kindly said, as she waves her hand.

The group of men stared at her. Suspiciously staring at her.

"I'd like to speak to the father of Jacob Black. If I may of course."

The men started to look at each other until they all turned to a particular tanned man.

"Why?" The man asked as he walks towards the two girls.

"I'm here to ask a few questions. Concerning the death of Waylon Forge."

As she mentioned his name they all went stiff. And she noticed that.

"I believe your father knows him." She stated, looking at him with a deadly stare yet masked by innocence.

"Follow me."
______

And so, they went inside the house. Alice and Kate was standing near the couch, waiting for the father of the tall man.

As they were waiting. Alice can't seem to ignore how comfortable the house looks. Warm and safe. Two words she wishes to experience.

"Hello."

Alice was broken out of her thoughts and looked at the man in a wheelchair.

"Hello, I'm detective Alice Davis. It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Black." She smiled politely as she shook hands with the kind man.

"Take a seat. Can I know why you're here?" The kind man said.

Alice and Kate sat down the couch as the other men gathered around the elder Black.

"I have been called upon Chief Police Charlie Swan. He told me about Waylon Forge death. And I'm here to help finish this case as it remains mysterious." She said, getting straight to the point.

"You're here to interrogate us?" The boy known as Jacob Black glared.

"No, not really. If I were to interrogate someone I would've put them in a room with handcuffs and scare the living life out of them until they tell the truth." She calmly said, looking straight into his dark eyes.

Before Jacob could say any more words, his father spoke.

"Ah..The kid Charlie talks about."

Alice tilted her head towards the man. A glimpse of interest visible in her eyes.

"I hope it's something good." Alice smiled, earning the same from the older man.

"It is. He talks about how great you are to the point it seems fictional. But, here you are. Standing in all your might."

Alice chuckles and said,"I'm very passionate of my work. And I'm not a kid. I'm 17 years old.."

She got quiet as she said the last sentence. Knowing she was more than 17 years old.

...

As the two were talking, Jacob along with the pack were whispering at each other. Not knowing that Alice and her dear friend can hear them.

"She smells like a leech." Jacob whispered.

"Maybe she just-" Before the young shifter can continue, Embry cutted him off.

"There's no way she just passed by the Cullen's when she literally smells like a shifter." He said, making the other shifters rethink about their assumptions.

Meanwhile, Alice and Kate have heard their little meeting session.

To say the least, Kate was unbothered by their stupidity.

Kate turned to Alice with a "I can't believe they're this stupid." Face, making Alice chuckle.

"Jacob. Can I ask you some questions?" Alice asked as she turned towards the young Black.

The said boy suspiciously walks towards her and sat down on the couch near his father.

"I heard that you don't talk to Bella anymore, may I ask why is that?" Alice began, catching the boy off guard.

"How did you know?"

"Her dad told me. And Forks is a small town Jacob, things spread in a millisecond."

Jacob scoffed and said,"It's none of your business."

As he said that, Alice can see his nervousness making her be more interested.

"I would leave you and not be here asking questions if this wasn't a serious case Jacob." She said as she stares into his dark eyes.

"And the fact about you shutting Bella off all of a sudden alone is enough for me to know you have something to do with this."

Jacob glared at the Detective, making his blood boil as his body began to shake.

"You know nothing about it." He said as his friends tries to calm him down.

Alice seeing that her plan is working, pushes more.

"That's why I'm asking." She smirked.

And that's it.

Jacob shifted in front of the two girls, making Sam the alpha of their pack angry.

The oldest Black suggested that the girls should back away.

And they did.

But the sight of the young lad getting furious in a small period of time makes Alice amused as he reminded her friend Kate, who is backing away without any fear in her eyes.

Alice and Kate turned to exit the house, giving the boy some time to calm down.

Yells were heard the second they reached a barn, they turned seeing a pack of wolves running after Jacob who's eyes filled with anger.

"Stinky puppies approaching." Kate said, making Alice furrow her eyebrows at her.

"You do know you're one of them right?" Alice said, turning back to the wolves wrestling the other wolf to the ground.

"Don't compare me to a bunch of puppies. You know me better than that." Kate said, crunching her face as she saw them go towards the forest.

"Well, that was something." Alice commented, walking towards the car with Kate following behind her.

"Aren't you gonna question him like you planned?" Kate asked.

"I've known enough information. Seems like Jacob just shifted weeks ago and Sam probably was the one who restricted him from meeting and talking to Bella." Alice said, starting the engine to go back to their house.

"Looks like it." Kate agrees.

Never let your guard down at all cost.