Chapter 3

The two men worked in silence. Levi, not wanting to start a conversation, and Erwin, deep in thought.

Levi turned to face him, wondering what he was thinking about. He shook his head. It didn't matter. He looked back down at his paper work. Signing off papers, and writing reports about their latest missions and letters to the family's of the fallen soldiers.

Levi hated wondering if the next person to die would be him. He never feared death, and he thought he never would. Death was the least of His problems. Humanity needed him though. As he was labeled, "humanity's strongest soldier" he could never keep a low profile, when entering nearby towns, after and before missions. He absolutely hated getting all the attention.

His idea of a life worth living, is living near the beach in a deserted area, where there would be nobody to bother him. Levi heard a frustrated grunt, come from the commander and he turned his head.

"Hanji wants to capture another titan. Geez..." He rubbed his temples. "It's been more than a decade since we've successfully captured a titan." He sighed and put his answer on the paper. "No." He mumbled what he was writing under his breath. "We can't risk loosing any more soldiers." He set his quill down on the desk and laid his head back before falling asleep.

Levi was writing something to Darius Zacklay, when he heard a quiet snore. He looked over and rolled his eyes.

He removed the dark green cloak upon his back and threw it over Erwin. "You really are just a tired old man..." He muttered before finishing up and leaving the room in silence.