Monster

Authore Pov:

Farm rested upon the couch of the silent home. The events of last night had played in his dream over and over again. Though the odd monster who was similar to him and seemed scary did not seem all that bad. At least to him, the other monster seemed fine. Though he never gotten his name, the other never really came up with his nickname. So for now Farm would know him as Sans. How odd it sounded saying his own name. He knew this would have to do for now.

Farm Pov:

I had awoken to find myself on an rundown couch. It had little patches of fabric that was ripped apart. Maybe from some sort of animal. Gently tracing my fingers along the rim of the messy cushion. A door creaked behind me causing my head to turn. It was the Sans from last night. The events start to replay. "So it wasn't a dream..." mumbling to myself hoping the other would not hear.

"This is reality" he had spoken causing me to look at the broken creature. Sans had confused me nonetheless. He never seemed to want to talk much. Always seeming on edge, which I could see why. The monsters here were crazy, though back at home. Monsters where I lived were caring, gentle, merciful. As for around here things were different. These monsters wanted to kill as if it was in their nature. Like an instinct, a sigh escaped me. Running my hands across my skull as if I had hair.

Which is not physically possible for a skeleton monster like me. Trailing back towards the other who seemed to be lost in thought once more. It got me curious, wanting to know why monsters acted this way. I made my curiosity get to the better of me. "So, the monsters here. Why are they like this?" Trying to strike up my conversation was the only way. He seemed to ponder for a bit. As if being careful on what he was about to say. After finding his words he turned to me, he seemed dazed. "We thrive in hunger, low on food. It drives even the best of us into insanity. Killing and eating is our only chance of survival." He replied. It was such an odd way to describe our kind. But then again, whatever he went through must have sent him through hell and back.

Deciding not to push any further I leaned back onto the couch. Allowing my straw hat to tip to the side. I knew his gaze was upon me, though I tried to ignore it. He wasn't creepy no, well not as creepy. Seeming to sense my tenderness he left to the kitchen. Silence overcame the lounge room.

Which was fine with me I did not mind a little silence here and there. I started sinking back into my thoughts once more. "I need to get home, the others must be worried about me" I reminded myself. There has to be a way back there just has to. The last thing I remember was waking up in the snowy forest. Had no idea on how I had gotten there. Just woke up in a place I'm unfamiliar with.

Horrors Pov:

Searching through the cabinets for something to eat was struggle. I was hoping Papyrus may have came home and brought dinner. Then yet again maybe he ate it himself. I would not mind that since he is more important at the moment. Keeping Papyrus alive was the only thing I wanted. But I began to worry, what if he was in danger? No human had fallen down since the last. Aliza was dead meat as they say. Felt no pity from when I lunged at her. It was more of a proud feeling. Her pleas and cries for mercy, just made my bones rattle.

I was hungry indeed, the problem was of the new monster. Who knows how long until I break. Ending with no luck on finding food, I made my way back. Flopping onto the couch, I leaned into the cushion a groan escaping. Farm shifting beside me, probably due to being uncomfortable. There was just something about him, I could not put a finger on it. My hunger only growing by the second. But at the same time, something was holding me back. It was like I never wanted to even land a bite on him.

Authors Pov:

His urge was growing, his hunger thriving. Imagining his teeth sinking deep into the carcass of his prey made his mouth water. Despite not really having a mouth. His pupils shifted towards the skeleton. His eyes never leaving him, noticing the stare Farm turned. Horror seemed to be off, more of a wanting need. Knowing he would not be able to hold it any longer. Horror stood digging his hands into the framed Cushion.

Confusing Farm who had went to do the same was stopped. "Find a place to hide, the attic somewhere..." Horror had grunted, holding back all his howls. His bloody red pupil had began to vibrate. Out of fear Farm had backed slightly pressing against the wall. Rushing towards the stairs he glanced back to Horror. Who was no gripping onto his skull tears falling, an expression of pain shown.

This had surprised the farm styled skeleton. Though only have met him two days ago, Horror did not seem to be the type to break. His main focus was to get somewhere safe. Once up the stairs, he searched around for the attic door. Finally finding where it was perched above he reached upwards. Gripping onto the handle and pulling it down. "Will I be able to get back down?" Farm thought to himself.