Masks for a personality - part 1

Maybe I'm just a mask trying to protect the real me. Sometimes I feel like I have to react to things violently. If someone says to me: "Hey, you're driving the wrong way!", I feel like I have to say: "Mind your own business!" I wanted to say it, but I didn't. 

Maybe the real me is very aggressive. My other personality doesn't want to show that to people, so he has developed a safe image of himself, namely a nice, calm and uncertain image and chased away the real one.
The safe image has developed into a personality, the insecure. But what the insecure did not know was that this safe image is not always safe. The real one keeps coming back up and keeps resisting. Because of this, it sometimes becomes a war between the two and I can no longer handle some things.

The aggression sometimes comes up and it wants to get out. No matter how hard the insecure fights, sometimes he doesn't get his way and isn't strong enough. Perhaps it is a good thing that the real one makes himself heard from time to time. In these moments, I learn to stand up for myself and talk about my feelings. Often the real one is not seen and feels lonely and abandoned. Therefore, he has withdrawn, while the insecure sits on the throne. But sometimes the role-playing turns around.

Maybe I have a third personality...
Maybe they're both masks...

Written by: Juliette Signe Blankenberg
Written on: 24 March 2022

--------------------------------------------------------------

I often struggle with this. Because I want to be myself, but I'm afraid of the reactions of others. I'm not comfortable in my own skin. It makes sense to protect myself, because that's only human. But I have to learn not to do this too much, otherwise, I won't feel at home anywhere and I'll lose myself.

Do you recognize this in yourself?