Chapter 6: A blast from the past - Part 2

Author’s chat: Well, I started writing this chapter and a sudden thought came to me. What kind of house does Umi and her family live in? The answer: I don’t have a freaking clue. =_= Yeah, real idiotic. Let’s think about it, ne? The house has two floors (Gaara had to climb a tree to get inside Umi’s room), a garden and the living room has floor cushions. (??? You’re probably thinking why I added that.) When I wrote this story, I always thought of Umi living in a traditional Japanese house. Or as traditional as you can get in Japan. I don’t know. I haven’t been there yet. When I researched people living in Japan (by taking out books from the library) I found out that people either live in western style houses (homes that we live in) or Japanese style houses (meaning the house had tatami mats, sliding doors, etc). And my pen pal in Japan told me that traditional Japanese homes are very, very expensive to live in. So could Umi’s house be a bit of both worlds? Though it would be leaning more to the Japanese side. So, Japanese style house (the outside is Japanese style but has two floors) with garden (that must be a luxury in Tokyo, right?) with the inside being a mix of Japanese and Western style. . . Does such a house even exist?? Oh, well, it’s just a story.

You know what; just go with the flow of imagination. This house just won’t look right anyway.

. . . I can’t believe I just wrote about a house and the style it’s in. I’m in a very weird mood.

Oh and special thanks goes to: (), Xxkitty-bonesxX, Remind_Me_How and CharlieBean for commenting/reviewing my story, special thanks goes to Replicaslonelyheart, Soa_Soraya and Xxkitty-bonesxX for becoming my fans. The support you all give me, tells me that I’m doing something right in my story. Enjoy!!

A blast from the past – Part 2

Umi, her family, Kiyomi, Gaara and his friends stared out of the window, down at Akatsuki. Then Gaara and the others quickly surrounded Umi.

“What the? What are they doing here??” Natsu asked.

“How do you think? They’ve been looking for her for the past two years!! Plus she’s a foreigner. She stands out in a crowd of Japanese people. And I don’t think Umi having blue hair helps,” Kiyomi replied.

“What’s wrong with Umi having blue hair?” Temari asked confused. Kiyomi looked at her and sighed.

“How many girl foreigners with long, blue hair do you know that live in Tokyo? Other than Umi, I mean. Few or even none. So all Konan had to do after seeing Umi is look up any foreigner girls with blue hair in the list of Tokyo residents on the website and bingo! She knows where to find Umi,” Kiyomi said.

“How do you know all this?” Kiba asked.

“I work for the military, remember? I work in the intelligence division and I sometimes have to look up people like that,” Kiyomi replied. (A/N: I’m taking a guess at this. Don’t know if this is something even possible.)

“You guys do realize Umi has just seen Akatsuki, right?” Umi’s mom said.

“Oh, SHIT!! Umi!” Kiyomi said and looked at her. Umi just stood there, looking wide-eyed at the members of Akatsuki in the garden.

“Um, Umi?” Kiyomi said and waved a hand in front of her face. Umi flinched away from the hand so violently that she banged herself against the wall opposite the window. Kiyomi sweat dropped.

“Umi, it’s going to be ok,” Umi’s mom said, trying to reassure Umi. “We have your friends to protect you, remember?” the mom said. Umi didn’t respond. The mom looked at the gang. “Don’t just stand there, get Akatsuki away from- Umi, wait!!” she called out as Umi ran away from them.