I

𝐈
𝐩𝐨𝐯.: 𝐲/𝐧

Loud chatter rings in your ears.

The masses that walk between the cages create waves of uproar, irritating your sensitive ears. You'd think by now you'd be used to it, especially in human form, though you'd be wrong.

You press your back against one of the iron walls, the solid metallic vest you're wearing clattering as both metals connect.

You're not bothered by the cold in this box anymore. The confinement, however, never ceases to make your body quake with a mixture of desperation and 𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐞.

As colourful as these traps may be painted from the outside, from your view it's nothing but a grey scale. Most of your life, you've been staring through bars, wondering.

Wondering why you were less worthy of a life than the humans looking back at you. You've never hurt anyone. You never held someone hostage.

But they did.

𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑦𝑒𝑡 𝑖𝑡'𝑠 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑛 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒.

e/c orbs in the dark. Your eyes wander.

You're an attraction. Something to look at and find funny, disgusting in some cases. Something to purchase, if the price is right.

Your pricing is too high for most. Not to mention the effort it would take to accommodate a dangerous creature such as you would.

You watch as another human peeks into your quarters, squinting their tiny, underdeveloped eyes to see something in the dark. After a few moments pass, they seem to give up and move on.

You catch sight of 137 across the muddy road, sitting close by the bars of her cage. There's a chain around her neck, around her wrists, though it doesn't seem to bother the naïve kids gathering in front of her, reaching up to her with tiny hands.

She's part Vulpix, meaning very popular with the kids and... certain adults. If she wouldn't, she would've been sold off years ago. Cat hybrids are immensely popular.

You shiver in disgust. Your toes curl. You're just waiting for some rich guy to make an offer your master, the 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐮𝐫, can't decline and watch her getting dragged off like the rest.

Life in here is horrible. But wherever they're taken to is worse.

Even in her regular form, she keeps her ears, a fluffy tail. Hybrids can turn into their complete monster form, a painful transformation, though can never completely hide all their monster features in human form.

Even you can't hide your sharp horns, those emerging from your scalp and curl down the back of your head. Neither your long tail. Though, at least your teeth and nails look normal. You had seen hybrids who weren't that lucky.

The steady flow of people walking between the isles begins to stutter. Heads suddenly start turning and the previous loud voices die down into whispers. For a moment your indifference is pushed aside as you ask yourself, who could raise such a revolt?

Hushed words are exchanged.

He's here.

You shake your head. No, it doesn't matter to you, it's not going to change a thing who visits. It never does. You lost hope years ago. With a low huff, you plop to the ground and rest your eyes. You don't want to see them, and you don't want to hear them either.

Humans are disgusting. They think they're such noble creatures and use it as a weak excuse to explain their atrocities.

In the shelter of darkness, you find a silhouette. She had been long lost in the past, there had never been a chance of a happy future together.