Chapter 17: Being misunderstood

Finally 3000 views :) OMG! Thanks to you guys!! We love you so much!!,

_____________________

****MEGAN'S POV****

“Honey. Have you seen your brother lately? I think he didn’t come home last night...”Asked my mom. Why should I know where my step-adult-brother was? He was a big boy. He could take care of himself.

“ No mom, I haven’t seen him and I’m late for school, so bye!” I waved in her direction and headed toward the bus stop.

I hate taking the bus, but since I’m a little out of town, I can’t walk to school. Well now that I actually have real friends, school gets less boring. Before Sam and Jay, I wasn’t a reject, but my group of friends weren’t real friends. They thought I was weird, but because of Samantha, I was accepted. I knew they kept me in their gang because they pitied me. I accepted that fact until Jeremy arrived at school. I knew he was special as soon as he walked through the doors on first period. I was glad the chair beside me was free. If not, I never would have talked to Jeremy and I never would have become friends with those two amazing people. I remember the first eye contact I shared with Jay. I freaked out a little when I realized he had purple eyes just like Samantha’s. I remember how he told me this whole town was stupid for thinking Sam was dangerous. That’s when I decided I would not follow everyone from now on. It was true. We had no right to treat Samantha Fairol the way we did since she was born. I know she’s weird because of her eyes, but she never committed any crimes. Except burning the library, but I’m pretty sure that’s not even her and someone knew everyone would go with the idea of Samantha starting it, so his or her plan would work perfectly.

I saw the bus coming and I got in. A few people shoot me strange looks, but I couldn’t care less. I sat in the back of the bus and got lost in my thoughts, once again.

Jeremy. Why am I always thinking about him? I never, in my whole life, thought about a guy this much. It’s like whenever he’s around, I feel happier. Weird, I know. I also know I shouldn’t be having those thoughts about Jay. Even if Samantha assured me she didn’t like Jeremy, he sure as hell likes her a lot...

I was looking through the window and we passed in front of Samantha’s house. I remember the day she told me Jay had kissed her. I tried to look like everything was fine, but I guessed that failed. Well, too bad. I was mad and I got angry and jealous of my friend. I know I shouldn’t and that Sam doesn’t like Jay, but Jay loves her. I guess I was too lovesick to see the evidence. I now know that Jeremy will never be mine unless Samantha disappears or dies…

I knew Jeremy was special for me the day I crossed his eyes in that art class. I thought that maybe he was into me as well. I mean, I thought all these glance in art and all those eye contacts during the day meant something. Plus, when he came to my house for the art project, we were able to have long and deep conversations. I thought that meant something!

I spent so much time just looking at him. He noticed, but I told him it was for the art project. He believed me, but now that we gave our drawing to the teacher, I can’t look at him too often, in case he notices again. That’s why I photocopied my drawing of him. I keep it in my room, but I look at him every day before going to sleep. Call me crazy, but I know every details of his handsome face. He has dark blond hair that is maybe a little too long and they keep getting in front of his beautiful purple eyes. He got small freckles, but you can’t see them unless you are really close, which I was for our project. He has pink lips. They look so kissable. I often imagine myself kissing him and passing my hands through his messy blond hair.

“Miss? We’re at school and you should get out of my bus…” The bus driver told me eying me curiously. I looked up and saw the school grounds. Weird how time passes fast when you’re lost in your thoughts. I got up, thanked the driver and walked to school.