.Breathe.

I almost died. I swear that felt like my soul was out of my body when I didn't see him again.

The last week I was with John, my brother, at the park and in an instant he disappeared, I had lost him.

Some time earlier he was by my side and a second later he was gone.

I can't understand how a moment of distraction for answering a text message led me to this suffering of day which will pursue me for the rest of my life.

If I hadn't taken the phone to answer my boyfriend, who was wondering what I was thinking about doing that night, maybe I would have taken care better care of my little brother... but I didn't, what led me to despair.

It was my sole responsibility that afternoon and I didn't take advantage of. Was a long time since our last time together and it is that, to be honest, when between siblings there are 18 years of age difference, there aren't many moments to share.

The shot. The sound of the bullet out of the gun made me realize what was really going on: John was at risk and I didn't know what to do.

The phone had poor signal and they cut after that sound so I didn't know if my brother was still alive or not.

I didn't have enough money to bring him back, and my parents didn't know how to get it, so we took the last option that they told us we shouldn't do or would not see him again.

And he finally came out. Just when the place had become a single flame of fire, police and firefighters brought the kidnappers and, fortunately, John.

Thanks to them, I had found him and I will not lose him again.