The Story of the Armadillo

Long ago, in a galaxy far far away, lived a species known as the pickles. The Butters, Koshers, Dills, and Sweets lived harmoniously together on Planet Pickle. That was before the Gherkins arrived. Although tiny, the Gherkins were evil and came in large numbers. As if that wasn't enough, the Gherkins had something no other pickle did: weapons. It was with these weapons that the Gherkins divided the pickles into segregated villages based on their individual pickle species. For 1000 years the pickles lived like this in their segregated villages with no hope of ever overthrowing the powerful Gherkins. It was horrible. It was everything the Gherkins had hoped for.

In the Dillage, the home of the Dills, there lived one special Dill: A-dill. A-dill was special because, unlike the other pickles, A-dill had courage. A-dill had heard about the good old days where all pickles lived as one. Although it was hard for young A-dill to imagine, he longed for what his great-granddaddy Dill described as peace and equality amongst the pickles. After a few days of intense thought, A-dill decided he must do something to bring the pickles back together. He could no longer stand to live in the presence of such horrible, detestable creatures. He had no idea what he was going to do, but he was determined to do something. The least he could do was try. Later that night, A-dill decided to confide in his best friend, C-dill, about his bold idea.

After talking with his friend, C-dill, he came to the conclusion that all he needed, in order to overthrow the Gherkins, were some weapons. After all, it was with weapons that the Gherkins were able to overthrow the rest of the pickles in the first. But how would he get them, he thought? The only weapons A-dill knew of lay on a strange planet only known as Earth. A-dill had no idea how he could possibly reach Earth when the Gherkins would not even let him out of the Dillage. He was going to need some help.

Together, A-dill and C-dill worked tirelessly to relay a message to everyone in the Dillage about A-dills plan and his need for a weapon. After a few days, everyone had heard his plan, and all anyone was talking about was how to arm A-dill. The slogan "Arm-A-Dill"was soon plastered all around the Dillage. A-Dill felt now more than ever that he could not let his fellow pickles down. It was up to him to make things right once and for all.

After a few days of intense discussion, it was decided that if the Dill pickles weren't able to leave the Dillage in order to go get the weapons, they had to make the weapons come to them. They had to