𝟎𝟓|𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐒𝐮𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬, 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐫.

𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐂𝐘 𝐉𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐒𝐎𝐍

𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ (𝑇𝒉𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑡𝒉𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝒉𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑡)

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ ¤ ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

── ✦ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐊 𝐆𝐎𝐃𝐒, Percy would have liked to think that there was very little that could phase him.

And with the how crazy his life was, he should've known that having such thoughts was pure naivety. The Fates certainly made him aware of that everytime he tried thinking otherwise.

It started on the morning of the quest Annabeth was leading, with all the participants gathered by Zeus' fist as they checked and confirmed if they had all the necessary supplies.

He had a feeling that alot of things were bound to go wrong, even more than usual.

"Does something not feel right to you?"

In hindsight, Percy probably should've thought twice before voicing such a concern to Annabeth, who was already agitated enough as it was. The burden of leading a life threatening quest with no certainty of the future was clearly taking a toll on her, and she was barely hiding it at this point.

He tried convincing himself that the premonition had something to do with the...disturbing Iris message he'd received the previous night— where he saw Nico attempting to make deals with ghosts. He wasn't far off, but he had a nagging feeling that it wasn't that exactly.

Sure, the whole ordeal had been concerning. Nico was all alone, and he was so obviously being manipulated by a ghost that was stringing him along using his grief to gain something that was bound to backfire on the son of Hades. But the premonition he had was about something else, something far more dangerous than the dealings of the Underwold.

Maybe it had to do with dream he had, about Luke and Kronos aboard the Princess Andromeda, the fear he'd felt when Kelli sensed his presence and bared her fangs at him, ready to tear his throat out as if he had been truly there.

Zeus' Fist swam predominantly in his vision's he avoided Annabeth's prying gaze. He could feel the anxiety rolling off her in waves, and it was making him more worried than he already was.

"Percy, we're about to go on a quest inside the Labyrinth. Nothing about this feels right," she said emphatically, and it sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than she was him. "And you look terrible, by the way."

Tyson chose that exact moment bound over to them, his brown eye gleaming in the light of the morning sun. "He killed the water fountain last night," he announced, smiling so widely and innocently that Percy found it hard to be annoyed by his intervention.

Annabeth simply seemed blown away by this sudden revelation, her movements pausing I'm surprised. She craned her neck forward, frowning more that what could be deemed physically possible. "What?"

"Well, it appears you are ready!"

All heads turned to face Chiron, as he trotted towards them with a somewhat convincing attempt at an easy smile.