𝙲𝙷𝟺𝙿𝚃𝟹𝚁 𝟶𝙽𝙴: 𝙵𝙸𝚁𝚂𝚃 𝙳𝙰𝚈.

honestly, you never expected yourself to become a librarian as you never were really good with kids

but then yet here you were, working at an elementary full of kids. the pay of course wasn't the best, but you struggled finding another job due to you not be "qualified" for the job.

today was your first day, and you were busy stocking the shelves as you waited for the first class to come in.

nervousness filled your body as you struggled to find where the books belonged. the students would be here any minute now and you were sure you wouldn't have enough time.

then surprisingly two minutes later, they entered as you placed the final book in its respectful shelf and let out a sigh of relief.

"er— hello! as you all know, the library hasn't changed one bit as your all in 5th grade. my name is miss. l/n and i will be your new librarian starting from today." you said, rubbing your arm as you desperately searched your brain for what else to say. the least you had wanted to do was have the kids hate you on your first day.

your eyes scanned the room, observing the students as you opened your mouth to speak,

"as of right now, im gonna be reading you a story, and afterwards you'll have an assignment based off of the book."

the students groaned in response, complaining nonstop as you shushed them.

"be grateful that I'm doing most of the work for you, it's not too long and the questions aren't too difficult." you said pausing for a moment, "so therefore, quit whining and sit down."

you then grabbed the book and pulled it up to your lap, peacefully reading to the students.

.

.

.

"alright, now let me quickly grab the copies from the printer for your assignment—"

"you can talk, but don't be loud to the point where the class that's like 6 classes away can hear because I surely don't want them complaining."

as you shut the door behind you, the kids then began chattering and chatting.

"what do you think about the new librarian onii-chan?" the white haired girl asked her brother.

"...she's not as annoying as the past librarians I guess."

daki nodded in agreement before swiftly turning around to talk to one of her friends, whose name was ame, which was pretty similar to hers. ume.

the two had met in kindergarten and had been friends since, sticking close to each other everywhere they went.

ame was almost the opposite of daki in a way, thus making it surprising as to how they became friends. not to mention the way they had met.

———————

~flashback~

________________

daki clutched tightly onto her elder brother's arm, looking around nervously as the children ran around, playing and laughing.

she could feel the tears that were about to burst as her vision soon became blurry and tears welled up in the corner of her eyes.

gyutaro quickly sensed his younger sister's nervousness and he opened his mouth to comfort her.

"shh... it's okay ume, you'll be fine." he said softly, removing her tight grip on him as he held her hand, slightly patting her head.

the tears that were building up had burst regardless of his attempt to comfort her, and the white haired girl hid her face into the fabric of his uniform, crying loudly as the children turned to look at her.

earlier in the morning, daki had refused to go to kindergarten, but yet she was forced to anyway. thus, leading her into this situation.

she knew no one in the room and it felt lonely, her brother was in the first grade and was only there to take her there. therefore if he were to leave, she wouldn't know what to do but sit in the corner and pray that she was invisible to everyone.

daki continued sobbing as gyutaro once again tried comforting her by patting her back gently.

it continued for some time before a girl with brown hair approached the two and tapped on her shoulder.

"hi! im ame, would you like to play with me and my friends?" she pointed over to a small house in the corner of the room, smiling widely at the other girl.

daki looked up from her brother's shoulder and sniffled before drying her tears with her sleeve.

"r-really..?" she asked in a quiet voice, her bright blue orbs beginning to sparkle.

"mhm! come on!"

.

.

.