Hope

Hope. What is hope? "Hope is baseless," "hope has no foundation," "it is better to trust than it is to hope." Why do we hope if there's a chance of being left in tatters and ruins? What is trust without hope as a base and if hope has no base isn't trust nearly, if not just, as baseless? We feel anger but in that anger we hope for satisfaction instead of trusting it'll come to us. Is that because of years of being let down by the world or because distrust is a human instinct? if you were a month into a twenty year sentence you would have hope that you could get on parole at some point within the next decade. Would you still hold that hope ten years later? No? But isn't hope supposed to be the light in all that darkness. Or is it the darkness in the corner of your eyes that the light tricks you to believe exists? Does hope exist? Hope is an optimistic state of mind that is based on an expectation of positive outcomes with respect to events and circumstances in one's life or the world at large. So then why does hope leave people hurt and others in bliss. Hope is a game of chance. Hope is a game of snakes and ladders. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't, but the more you win, the more you want to play and the more you lose, the more you want to back out. But everyone want to play in the beginning.  You slide down a snake and you end up frustrated and powerless. You want to back out. Some do. Some do not. The ones who do not, have trust in Themselves, with the game of hope as their base. They trust that hope will not let them down. But hope is a coin, and you have to flip the better side.