"Monsters don't exist."

Monsters. We have all had them before in our life's whether it was the one under your bed on a Saturday night as a child or the voices around you telling you you're not enough. Monsters can be ugly creatures. They can be slimy, grubby and disgusting. They can have dozens of rows of teeth prepared to rip you open. They can scare you out of your wits, stopping you from sleeping at night. They can hide under your bed or inside your wardrobe. Show me an ugly monster. Show me an ugly monster and I'll show you a pretty one in return. I'll show you Vogue and Cosmopolitan. I'll show you the food they hold back from young girls. The ones they make one feel ugly and useless. The deterioration the cause daily. I'll show you women who use their voices, not to shine light on their fellow girls, yet instead insist they are better. "Look at her make up," they say, "look at her hair," they prod. Murphy's law states that with every action there is an equal reaction, therefore if you tell a child, "you eat far too much!" They must eat far too little. "You look ugly." They will change their appearance. "Slut." I will cover my body. When I do cover up "so you're a prude?". If I study I am too much yet if I do not I am an airhead. I have come to one conclusion; only two monsters exist in the world. One is small, easily retainable quite effortless to slay while the other takes multiple people and time. One is you. You, me and everyone else. The other is society.