A Different Kind of Breed

Started: Friday, May 13, 2022, 5:34 pm
_______________________________

Gold is glorious, but so is red
_______________________________

Prince wilbur was flying around the courtyard as he allowed his brown hair flow through the wind, his hair always looked perfect, and yet so effortless at the same time.

Wilbur's golden wings were like the sun, always shining and almost painfull to look at, they looked as if they belonged to that of the nether, for only the purest of gold could match that color, they faded into a light green at the tips of his wings, but no one noticed. His eyes were a mixture of both gold and brown, making a glorious auburn.

He had never felt free unless he was flying, he needed to stretch his wings regularly, otherwise he would get anxious.

Wilbur landed on the ground after a while of gliding, he had gotten bored, for he was not allowed outside of the castle grounds unless he had an escort.

Wilbur looked to the sky, admiring the stars and the moon.

Wilbur didn't know why, but he always had been drawn to the night sky, always nocturnal, never getting a lot of sleep. Also, when he looked into the mirror at night, he saw that his pupils were slits.

His wings happened to have a huge wingspan of 7 meters overall, but that wasn't as big as his brother's or his father's, apparently, he had gotten the smaller genes from his mother, her wingspan only being 6.7 meters in length, just enough to lift her off the ground, but she was so graceful in the sky, you wouldn't have noticed the lack of length.

His mother had the most glorious crimson red wings, the color being equivalent to that of a vermilion flycatchers chest. Her wings were thought to be dyed, for they were so red, some even said she used blood to dye them, she hadn't ever done such a thing, she was the most kind and joyful person Wilbur ever met.

________________________________

Gold is glorious, but so is red
________________________________