trust is a lie

excuse my language, but that shits fucking amazing ↟
listen for that one feel while reading

there might be sensitive topics like blood and ✨stabbing✨ in here, but i'll avoid detail.

and please remember that every single aspect on this is fictional, from the setting to the way the characters act/speak. nothing can be associated with real life.

it's proofread, but there still might be mistakes. just ignore those.

-|‹›<>‹›<>‹›<>‹›|× † ×|‹›<>‹›<>‹›<>‹›|-

Jisung was a person who trusted no one. 

In this wicked world, where forces which's morals were dark and twisted ruled, he couldn't trust a single person.

He kept his distance, was always prepared to fight. There would always be dangers lurking in the shadows, where ever he'd go. 

Letting his guard down was not an option, not in this world. 

But what happened?

×××

April 21st, 2016

It was an apocalypse.

There was a sudden darkness occupying the sky, that had been so sunny before. The temperature sunk, there was no warm spring breeze anymore.

Somewhere in the distance something fell. Loud, heavy, big.

Jisung was a shy sixteen-year-old back then. He flinched at the noise, starting to panic when he saw his parents closing all the windows in the house, fear written all over their faces. 

He let the book he was reading sink into his lap as his mother turned on the radio.

The darkness scared him, the fact their lights started to slightly flicker didn't make it any better.

The woman's voice coming out of the radio was occasionally cut off, until she was completely gone. The scream she let out before the connection cut terrified the boy to the bone.

But the things she said made it even worse.

»There is something out there. Stay inside, close any possible entrance. Don't be seen. It seems the darkness has come to life, spreading like a virus. I see people, they're not okay. Twitching their faces, attacking the others. What is happening!? Nightmares! They must be night--«

Jisung's mother fell unconscious. 

Shortly after that, they were seen.

The nightmares looked like ordinary people, but their stares were empty, haunting. 

Sixteen year old Jisung was a survivor, his parents weren't.

Where the nightmares came from? A mystery. One, that wasn't going to be solved anytime soon.

April 21st, 2017

Jisung felt like he had wandered the entire globe already. 

His hair was messy, his face was ash-stained, his clothes dirty and ripped, his skin covered in cuts. A massive scar was spread across his chest, from the time he barely escaped.

He had fought for a year. His phone battery died a long time ago, he lost track of time. He might've been a thirty year old man from what he knew. 

The past 365 days had been a game of survival. It was still unknown to him how he learned to swing a baseball bat so well, knocking out nightmares left and right. But he lived, as a normal human being, and that was all he cared about at the moment.