news and disappointment

The bright glow of the computer screen reflected off the pale skin of George, a small smile on his lips as Dream says something completely out of pocket. He took in a breath, his eyebrows pinched together as he tried to come up with some sort of reply, and watched as the twitch chat flooded with emotes and shocked reactions. "Dream!" George started, "you can't say that!" He exclaimed, chuckling and hitting the green form in front of him. Dream retaliated, hitting George flawlessly with his ax and George gasped, running. "What? It was a joke!" Dream said happily, chasing down the now low-health Minecraft character. A ding was heard, alerting them of someone joining the call.

"Boys!" The familiar voice of Sapnap rang in their ears and the chat again exploded, excited to see the Dream Team together. It had been a while since this occurred. "What?" Dream and George said in unison, awaiting the answer as Sapnap joined the game and was highlighted in the chat.
"Wait. You're streaming?!" Sapnap exclaimed. "Nevermind. It can wait." George glanced at the camera and shrugged, curiosity filling him as he continued with the stream.
George finally grew antsy and saw his phone light up with the notification of Punz going live. "Right. I'm going to end here! Thanks so much for coming out to the stream. I'm running a raid on Punz, he's playing Valorant!" The chat again flooded with goodbyes and he ended stream and undeafened.

"Alright Sapnap, spill," George said, crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair. He waited patiently for the words he would soon hear.
"I'm moving in with Dream," Sapnap began slowly and George's face flooded with shock as the words were spoken and he paused before finally responding.
"When... do you plan to tell the viewers?" He finally asked, his voice calm. George tried to hide his hurt from the two finally making a step towards their end goal. He was also impatiently waiting on just one small thing.
"Soon," Sapnap began slowly. "I want to get settled in, we just wanted to tell you first. I'm moving next week actually." George frowned at this. They had known this long and only told him now? Deciding to shake it off, he grinned.
"Well, I'm very happy for the both of you. This is big. Really big." He said, running around the world on his screen, relishing in the familiar things he walked by. He paused in the Community House and logged off, watching the Discord call on his other monitor and then the time. 12:05 AM.
"Hey, I've got a big day tomorrow so I'm going to head off. Night." He grinned as the other two replied, and sunk into his chair as he left the call and turned off the humming computer, eyes drifting to the ceiling above him.
Now he would be... alone. The only one without living with the other.
George turned his chair and stood, walking toward the bathroom behind him with a small sigh, flinching as his phone buzzed on his desk. Pausing, he turned it face-up, glancing down at a text from Dream.

dweamy

you good?
                  yeah, i'm fine.

Lying through text was easy, and he checked the messages again to see the delivered underneath it, he shifted his gaze onto his bed and threw his phone onto it, and continued making his way to the darker room, flicking the light on and squinting his eyes against the sudden brightness and turning on the faucet, splashing water against his face.

His reflection looked back at him. Dark eyes with dark lines beneath them reminded him of his sleepless nights. He didn't expect to sleep tonight either, his insomnia growing worse by the second. With shaky hands he opened the medicine cabinet behind the mirror, grabbing the bottle with the purple cap and taking a few. He tried his hardest not to rely on melatonin, but tonight he felt he needed it.

The others didn't know, but his Visa interview was tomorrow. He shut the cap on the bottle and shut the cabinet, and turned back toward his bedroom, settling into his sheets and made himself comfortable, eventually checking his phone.

dweamy

okay
are you sure?
george?
i'm assuming you fell asleep. goodnight
                                         not asleep.

George swiped out of the messaging app with a soft sigh, switching apps to TikTok, and jumped, his loud volume scaring him as a clip from their stream earlier played. It piqued his interest, and he watched the clip repeat.

"Georgie, you know this won't stop." The voice of Dream filled George's ears, as he continued to be terrorized by his best friend. "You know we love each other." That made George's heartbeat spike, and he replied "you can't say that!" Then the clip ended, and George looked to the top of his screen. Another message from Dream.
dweamy

hi there

George sat up, typing a quick reply back, and continued scrolling aimlessly through the app, liking fan edits and he felt his eyes go droopy. Locking his phone, he turned onto his side, and soon enough sleep overtook him.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Groggily, George blinked his eyes open and checked his phone, groaning as the time flashed on his face. 7:30 AM. He threw his duvet off his body and shuffled out, stumbling his way to the shower with his phone in hand. He checked it again, deciding to reply to the text messages once he was more awake.

The warm water falling down his back was a relief, waking him up slightly. After cleaning himself he got dressed in a nice shirt, along with jeans. Readjusting his hair he checked the time once more. 8:10 AM. His interview was at 9.

Deciding he had some time as the place was only a few minutes away he unlocked his phone and settled on the couch, scrolling through his notifications.

Dreamwastaken mentioned you in a tweet.
Intrigued, George clicked on it to see a silly message underneath Dream's Twitter handle.

@Georgenotfound wake up
4:12 AM

George chuckled and just liked the tweet, opening his messages to see many from the man himself.

dweamy

good evening mr not found
are you sure you are ok?
george?
wake up sapnap and i want to ask you something
loser

He snorted, typing up a response with ease, and then stood to grab the keys and leave his home.

It was time for the most important interview of his life.