Part 5: Laws around the world

In California, law created in 1925 makes it illegal to wiggle while dancing.

In Cleveland, Ohio, it is unlawful to leave chewing gum in public places.

In Florida, it is against tha law to put livestock on a school bus.

In Kentucky, it is illegal for a merchant to force a person into his place of business for the purpose of making a sale.

In Massachusetts, it is against the law to put tomatos in clam chowder.

In Michigan, married couples must live together or be imprisoned.

In New Jersey, cabbage can't be sold on Sunday.

In North Carolina, it is against the law for dogs and cats to fight.

In New York, it is against the law for children to pick up or collect cigarette and cigar butts.

In Ohio, one must have a license to keep a bear.

In Phoenix, Arizona, you can't walk through a hotel lobby with spurs on.

In Providence, Rhode Island, it is against the law to jump off a bridge.

In San Francisco, there is an ordinance, which bans the picking up and throwing of used confetti.

In Tennessee, a law exists which prohibits the sale of lologna (sandwich meat) on Sunday.

In The State of Kansas, you're not allowed to drive a buffalo through a street.

In Virginia, the Code of 1930 has a statute which prohibits corrupt practices or bribery by any person other than political candidates.

It's against the law in Connecticut for a man to write love letters to a girl whose mother or father has forbidden the relationship.

It's against the law to burp, or sneeze in a certain church in Omaha, Nebraska.

It's against the law to pawn your dentures in Las Vegas.

It's illegal to drink beer out of a bucket. While you're sitting on a curb in St. Louis.

It's illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suits in Natoma, Kansas.

It was once against the law to have a pet dog in a city in Ireland.