If I Die Young

WARNING POV CHANGE MID WAY

————

The ground shuck as another bomb dropped creating a new crater in the ground killing of men and women like fish in a barrel none being able to get out of the way, rubble crushing them in a mass grave and it would stay like that until morning rays and the assault stopped.

If I die young, bury me in satin

 Lay me down on a bed of roses

Screams hit the air as another house lit alight burning people alive in a sea of fire, the sound of AA guns playing their own screeching melodies across the scorched city in the hopes to defend it, so many people dying all ages and no hope of any help, it truly felt like my world was going to end, my country would fall.

 Sink me in the river at dawn

 Send me away with the words of a love song,

 Uh oh, Uh oh

My city my land my home all being destroyed in this Blitz burning my body and crushing my bones beaten and broken and yet the attacked never ended maybe once I go I will see where the countries go once they ended.

Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother

 She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors

the once grey city now orange and broken being buried alive was suffocating not being able to run as more and more of the building fell stopping my from running even though there would be nowhere to run nowhere to hide.

Oh, and, life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no

 Ain't even grey, but she buries her baby

the earth shakes again as a bomb drops once again but this time closer shaking the once standing building dropping more rubble onto me, my body felt like it was tearing itself apart, as another bomb hit my capital why... why won't they help... America please save me.

The sharp knife of a short life

 Oh well, I've had just enough time

more bombs dropped burring me deeper and deeper into the rubble that was once London, I tried to claw my way out pulling stone and glass off me and pulling myself out, I WILL NOT DIE HERE I declared to myself as I pulled my way out to the hole.

If I die young, bury me in satin

 Lay me down on a bed of roses

America cannot be my hero this time I will pull myself through this I am still strong, I crawled away from the collapsed building, my right leg completely crushed I pulled myself across glass and broken buildings to see what had become of my London.

 Sink me in the river at dawn

 Send me away with the words of a love song

looking across I could see fires everywhere burning the land way too much for the forces to deal with way too much to recover from no wonder why my body was feeling torn and broken and it hurt, but I kept pulling my tiring body closer to the Thames to sooth the burning on my skin

The sharp knife of a short life

 Oh well, I've had just enough time