SIX

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙞𝙭 :
SO... NO DATE?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

IT HAD BEEN a strange few days after the revelation that there was more to this house than they expected. Greta was convinced that there was a spirit in Brahms's doll and had been mothering it like so.

     (F/N) was more concerned with her mental state but couldn't bring herself to say anything against Greta. She knew where her sister came from. Where both of them did. She had a guess as to why Greta was behaving in such a way over the doll and couldn't blame her. Still, it was concerning.

     It was even more concerning when Greta blamed the doll for (F/N)'s missing clothes. It had happened just the day before.

"Greta!" (F/N) called out, huffing with irritation, "Did you take my purple dress?"

"What? No." Greta was suddenly at her doorway, Brahms in hand, "Is it gone?"

"Yeah. It's not where I left it." (F/N) huffed, putting her hands on her hips.

"Oh...Brahms." Greta scolded the doll, "Where'd you hide it now?"

     It had been her favorite dress.

     Now, Brahms joined them for every meal. Every day Greta pulled (F/N) along to participate in every chore they were supposed to do (including reading and playing music).

     But in the present, (F/N) heard a knock on the door. "Greta?"

"Can you get that?" Greta called back.

(F/N) huffed, knowing she was too preoccupied with playing piano for Brahms. Greta hadn't played in a while, but it seemed to come back naturally. (F/N) quickly made her way downstairs, opening the door only to blink awkwardly, "Malcolm?"

"Oh, (F/N)." Malcolm seemed slightly disappointed that it wasn't Greta at the door. She couldn't blame him, "Is Greta in?" He asked, shifting his body so that he could carry his wooden basket full of fruits and other food more easily.

"She is." (F/N) could still hear the piano music playing loudly, "Why?"

"I tried calling, but she didn't pick up. Thought I'd come early with the delivery." He lifted the box as though she hadn't seen it before.

"Sure, kitchens wide open." (F/N) moved out of the way, letting the man into the house. She shut the door behind him, then trailed after him into the kitchen. "So, how is the grocery man?"

"Good. You?"

"Good."

Well, that was painfully awkward.

Malcolm didn't start to unpack the groceries, instead, he picked at the island material a little before asking, "You mind if I talk to Greta for a bit?"

"Music room. As I'm sure you could have guessed." (F/N) raised her eyebrow at the noise of the instrument stopped for a few seconds then continued.