"Unholy ;)"

"Y/N, Calpurnia and I are heading out with the kids do you need anything while we're gone?" Atticus' proper voice echoed through the halls of the old house.

"Nope, have fun though!" You respond fixing your Sunday attire that fit a bit too snug.

You quickly trot down the wooden staircase that creak a different tune each step. You catch the four just as they were about to head out and give everyone a proper goodbye. You really had no close connections with the family apart from the fact that Atticus had invited you to stay after your nasty divorce. Both of you had made it clear to the children that this was strictly a worker-client relationship and he was simply doing something nice for you. His wife had died and your intention would never be to take her place but the way the mans hair fell and his suited attire quite literally made you want to unwrap him like a holiday gift.

However, you kept your thoughts to yourself for he was probably still grieving the loss of his wife and he definitely had too much going on. He had Cal, so he couldn't possibly need someone else's help. Plus, he was stressed, he has a case currently going on that leaves him sleepless at night. You hear him wrestle next you too you in the shared bed mumbling to himself. He's too hard on himself and needs some sort of relief.

Atticus gives you a soft peck on the head and asks you to simply watch the house while they were gone. They close the door and your face flushes pink as you hear the porch creak from the weight. You were always left with a soft kiss. It was what Atticus deemed respectful. But you watched the way he talked to other women. You watched his body language and how he greeted and said goodbye. Not one has he ever left with a kiss.

You lightly walked into the kitchen and finished up any cleaning Cal had to leave unfinished to take the kids out. The four were always out on Sunday either to do something or go to church. Atticus informed you that he would be home before them just today because the children were adamant about attending church this Sunday. You were never the religious type yourself and Atticus respected that about you. You were convinced that the Great Depression was in fact not part of "God's Plan."

Hours passed of light cleaning and constant fixing of your attire that insisted on continuously riding up. You weren't too bothered to change though. As you leaned over the counter to get a decent clean the door of the house swung open revealing an extremely hot and bothered Atticus.

"You're home early I wasn't expecting you for another hour" you say folding up the cotton rag you were using.

"It was a bit too hot outside and Cal wanted to get into church as soon as she could." he says removing his thick gray suit jacket.

"That's interesting. Do you need a refreshment?" you asked not noticing Atticus' eyes gazing over your body.

You hadn't even noticed that your outfit had fully ridden up revealing your upper thighs or the way your top button has unclasped showing your chest.

"Not to be any means rude but is your outfit meant to be so revealing? It's extremely distracting" he says stuffing his hands into his pockets taking steps toward you.

There wasn't an ounce or disrespect coming from his tone he was genuinely curious. You immediately look down and frantically fix yourself before continuing the conversation.

"I didn't even realize! I may have gotten a size too small" you look away refusing to make eye contact.

"I shouldn't have said anything really..." He attempts to start

"Oh no I'm glad you did-"

"Maybe I would have been able to admire for a bit longer" He finishes giving you a soft smile.