Somewhere Normal

Nyra's POV

A cold breeze embraced me. I could see the entire Delhi, buses at the bandstand, top of the Qutubminar, two storeyed buildings looking like toys and also staring at sky filled with stars. I felt as if my life is as smooth as the scene

Suddenly I could feel something pulling me down. I could feel my violet nylon dress waving. I was soon floating on the mid air. My heart pounded hardly. The traffic noise seemed to get louder. I could hear my heat beat and, my mother yelling at me at the same time. Soon I came back to my conscience.

What a nightmare! I said to myself and "yes mummy! I am awake" I screamed back at her. I got down from my bed and went to freshen up.

I wore my office suit and got ready for the office. As I was getting ready, my mom called out saying "Nyra, breakfast is kept on the table, have it before you go. I am leaving now to market." It was already getting a little bit late, so I look a few bites of sandwich and left for my job

" It was already getting a little bit late, so I look a few bites of sandwich and left for my job

I called for an auto and asked "Bhaiyya, V Growth chaloge?". He approved and I sat on the auto.

If your wondering about V Growth then let me tell you, V Growth is number one company in the world. And today is my first day working there. The CEO is unknown, no idea why. For now it is said that, his assistant reports him the things happening in the company and any problem he would solve them or give orders how to solve and it is said that he visits the company but no one has ever see him.... Anyway as of I care. I just want to work, that's all.

I arrived at the company and went to the reception and the receptionist gave me my ID and said "welcome to V Growth Ms. Nyra, u can go to 8th floor, there u can meet the manager of HR department and from there on he will lead you" with a smile. I thanked her and moved towards the lift.

The lift's door opened and I went in, clicking the 8th bottom. The door was about to close when someone entered. I was not able to make out who it is or even see him as he was wearing a mask and also a cap. His appearance resembled more like he was a spy... But no way a spy can enter this huge company having so many securities.

He clicked to the 15th botton. He then got a call, receiving the call he started speaking "hello, I will be reaching there In a few minutes, get everything ready." His voice was soo deep and stern , it felt like I heard this voice before. Erix! No way, why am I thinking about him, you are mad Nyra!

         The door of lift opened and as the receptionist said I went to the manager." hi sir, I am Nyra, the receptionist told me to go to you" I introduced myself to him. With a smile on his face he welcomed me and "good to see you ms. Nyra, well... Myself Abhir. You can start working, there is your desk" he introduced himself and showed the desk where I should sit. I thanked him and thought to myself 'he is better than my old manager, atleast he knows to smile' and went towards my desk and started working.

         Well... My last job... I lost it because of that heartless and cold manager. I had to resign. I couldn't tolerate his temper issues.... Well... I too have pride.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

       It's two at the afternoon now, the manager gave us 45 minutes break for lunch. I went to the canteen, took the food and started eating, the food was delicious. I finished my food early and thought of taking a walk. I asked one of the employee whether I can go to terrace. The employee said it is allowed to go there so I went to the terrace which was in 16th floor.

          The cold breeze hits my face and I relax. The thought of him pop into my head 'where are you? When are you going to come to me? Was it all lie for you? Did you forget the promise you made?' I try not to think negative but the more I hope he will come back the more I fear what if he doesn't.

         The time was up, so I was heading down. I saw someone standing on the opposite side of where I was standing only his back visible to me. He looked familiar.... Yes.. He was the same guy from the lift. Then he turned but didn't notice me as the  terrace is very huge and he was wearing a wireless earphones. I noticed something on his wrist. That symbol!

            I rushed towards him

            I rushed towards him... But it was too late. The door of lift closed and he didn't notice me too.

          I searched for him in 15th floor, thinking he might be there, but no trace. After searching for while thirty minutes I gave up.

          I went back to work, but I wasn't able to concentrate. I wished he looked back, but what if he wasn't Erix... Maybe I was hallucinating but what if it was him.... I should just stop thinking.

          "Nyra? " someone called out, it was manager Abhir. "yes sir" I replied shooing of all the thought. "Please go through this file and correct if something is wrong and submit before going off work" he said giving files to me, there were 6 - 7 files. I had to do this before getting off work. Since I wasn't able to concentrate I started working with listening to music.