Chapter Thirty Nine

This chapter is only a filler. Very domestic. Kuch nahi horra isme. Bas Ghar ghar type hai. Sometimes I appreciate the calmness and mediocrity of everyday life. Issiliye.

*****

"No."

"Maa please!"

"No. Absolutely not. Waha pata nahi kaun kya karega tum dono ko."

"Doesn't mean we'll stay locked up at him all our lives."

"No."

"Mom please."

"No."

"We'll call everyday. And be in touch constantly. We'll even have the hotel give us security."

"No matlab no."

"Aap itna pareshaan karte ho. Isse better hume lock karke rakho bas. Hojaayega. Like what the fu.. " He spat. Rangu rushed towards him, hearing his tone and growled at him. Sidharth glared back at the tiny dog.

"Sidharth!" Shehnaaz scolded, smacking his head.

"Tameez se baath kar warna jab jaane dungi phirse Ghar nahi aayega tu." His mother warned him.

"Iss kutte ko zyada tameez hai tere se." She muttered angrily.

"Maa sorry maa. Yeh pagal hogaya. Lekin aap suno na ek baar!" Shehnaaz mumbled, moving closer to her.

"Kuch nahi sunna hai mujhe." She shook her head.

"Maa please!" Sidharth whined, grabbing her face inbetween both of his palms. Shehnaaz grimaced, watching him try to convince her.

"I'll leave my location on. You can see where we are. We'll constantly update you. It's just for a few days. Shehnaaz and I need this. Please?" Sidharth said.

"Sidharth please." Maa sighed, looking away from him in exhaustion.

"Maa, listen to me. Okay?" He mumbled, wrapping his arm around her and still holding her face in the other. He nodded Shehnaaz over and she she quickly got up and wrapped her arms around her.

"Shehnaaz and I feel so much more better, maa. We'll take care of each other. It's been more than a month since we came back home. We're taking physical therapy and counselling. We consulted the doctor. Agar kaam shuru hoga toh hum phirse nahi jaa paayenge. We'll get so busy. Haina? Aur mujhe aur Shehnaaz ko yeh chahiye. We need some time off so that we come back refreshed." He explained to her calmly.

"Tum dono kaise rahoge akele. Tu zyada nahi jhukk sakta abhi. You're still bruised? Aur Shehnaaz? Usko goli laggi hai Sidharth. Uski dressing harr theen dinn badalni hogi. And woh ghaav abi poori tarah nahi bhara haina?" She said.

"Haan toh mai karta hoon na? You don't trust me to take care of Shehnaaz? And she anyway does everything that I can't do for myself. We feel much better. I'll change her dressing. We'll eat healthy. We'll constantly be in touch with you. You'll be able to see where we are at all times. Jaha jaha jaayenge, we'll make sure there is security in every hotel and restaurant we go to. Theek hai? Trust us. Please maa? I want to take her somewhere." He said softly, holding her close to himself. She sighed loudly in exasperation.

"Ek sharth." Maa said stubbornly.

"Kya?" Sidharth asked.

"Change the destination. Paani mei waise bhi zyada nahi jaa sakte. Infection hojaayega. Go to some other place." She said.

"Goa ka plan tha maa..." Sidharth hesitated. Shehnaaz had asked him for that. He couldn't get himself to not take her there.

"Nahi.... Sidharth... It's okay. Maa theek kehrahi hai baby. Jaake kya faida." Shehnaaz said quickly, sensing his discomfort. She never ever wanted him to get stuck in a situation where he had to meet their differences half way.