Chapter 14: In the air

Louie and Webby were still on the helicopter, with Black Heron being the pilot. That made Webby a bit cautious considering their fight they had not too long ago. They were about halfway there when Louie noticed that Webby had a sad expression. "What's wrong, Webs?" He asked. "Oh, I'm just worried for everyone else" she answered. "Webs, I know, I am too, but we just need some more faith". Webby nodded "It's just that they practically became a part of me, you know? Huey is like an older brother to me, always sweet and protective and I appreciate that. He would never to anything to hurt his family or anyone he considered family".

Louie looked down and Webby noticed.
"Oh gosh, Lou, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-"
"No, it's alright"

Webby continued "Dewey is sorta like a twin, we practically do everything together. He's also my adventure pal and we even made a short silly song!!"

Of course, Louie couldn't help but feel a tad jealous but didn't show anything. "And then there's Donald and Della who I see as an Uncle and Aunt. There's Mr McDuck, who I see as a grandad. Oh and I almost forgot Lena, she's my best friend ever, don't know what I would do without her. Violet is my other best friend, between you and I, I think she has a thing for Huey".

They both chuckled, Louie wasn't sure if she was going to talk about him or not and if it would be positive but he waited. "There's Launchpad too, everybody loves Launchpad. Can't forget my granny, she kept the truth from me but for good reason and I oh so badly want to see her again. And....there's you".

Louie listened closely to hear what she would say about him. "You and I are total opposites, you're selfish, lazy and cunning while I'm more caring, energetic and honest....usually. What I'm trying to say is, we drive each other insane".

"Yeah, I guess". Louie replied. "But, that's good that we're opposites, you showed me that I shouldn't trust everyone I see while I showed you that sometimes, you just have to see the best in people. Also, you're chill, very funny and super intelligent. Seriously, that way you destroyed Glomgold's company was ingenious. You're just incredible. Don't listen to what anyone else says. Louie, you are special and you always have been".

Louie was not expecting that and tried his hardest to hide his blush, of course, it was much more difficult since Webby was wearing his hoodie. Webby saw this and snickered. "Awww, seems like Lou is a little sensitive" she teased. "S-shut up" .

Webby began to feel sleepy and rested her head on Louie's lap. Any more of this and Louie's face would become red for good. "Um, Webs?". But she was already fast asleep. Welp, it was no use and Louie didn't have the heart to wake her up. It seemed like she needed this rest and at this point, Louie definitely knew he had a crush on her.

It was still a long flight away so Louie decided to sleep. He tried multiple times but he couldn't, which was surprising to say the least. Louie decided to think about what he was going to do, and if you were wondering.....well.....he was going to sacrifice himself.

He didn't want to but he knew they were no match considering everyone else he knew were captured. Louie and Bradford made an agreement, Louie would sacrifice himself which would scar the others so they wouldn't adventure again.

Louie sighed as he stroked his fingers through Webby's hair. He wanted to do much more in life, but it was about time he did something selfless, something brave, something that others would benefit from and it seemed like time just flied as the helicopter landed.