Chapter 1 Food? Food.

Living alone for a few months has gotten easier, I've become stronger. But it does not help the loneliness I feel once in a while. I've opted to use an umbrella as my weapon, it feels light in my hand but gets the job done all the same. Even though the food lasted me a while I had decided to keep training in our small gym to stay in shape when I went out. I took a few walks near my house once in a while so I wouldn't need to adjust to the outside world much. But after the food was cut down by a little I decided to go out a little farther to see the condition. 

I made sure to try to avoid as many zombies as possible but living in an apocalypse,  one can find that to be quite difficult. One started charging at me as I dodged to the side and stuck my foot out and tripped it. The rotting body of flesh fell to the ground and I stabbed its head and heart open to reveal oozing green blood and other things I'd rather not name out of it. I wrinkled my nose in disgust as I kept going to look for abandoned shops that might be of use to me. 

I came across a convenience store after 20 minutes of walking that seems relatively intact. But one can never be too cautious like I always say especially in these times. I walk around shoving bottles of water and first aid kits into my bag and while absentmindedly doing that I thought about things for a bit. Why is there even a zombie apocalypse? Will I be able to see my family again? And who's that trying to take my bag of chips? Wait. My bag of chips.  I've now come to my senses to see a strawberry blond boy looking at me with the exact same amount of confusion I must be looking at him with right now. When did he even get in here? I haven't seen another person in so long. But what if he's infected. 

The boy opens his mouth to speak, "Hey-" But before he can even get past that I had already grabbed the bag of chips and took off sprinting. Leaving the boy in shock. In this apocalypse, you have to think of yourself first before others, once you're good then you can worry about others. Though it was just one bag of chips, surely I can spare that? Gah what am I doing pick one or the other y/n.  I quickly turn around and sprint back at him making the boy more confused and shove the chip bag into his hands. "For you, stay safe kid." I say and take off again. The poor boy must be so confused right now but the sun is setting and I can't afford to stay and chit chat. I run home half an hour before sun set. Before I go shower I check again to make sure all the doors and windows in the house are locked. I'm surprised that the water is still functioning properly but I'll take it as a little blessing. I quickly shower and dress in the clothes I washed last night and wash the ones I wore today. I then go brush my teeth and go to sleep. I now have a bit more food and first aid things even though I haven't gone through a lot its best to be prepared. I met a boyishly handsome person today and gave him chips. And I took a shower. Today seemed to be very productive, I think to myself. And hope that whatever godly being in this world will let me live to see tomorrow.

I slowly close my eyes and drift to sleep.

A/n: Sorry this one was a bit slow! They're going to get more interesting soon I promise! I'm sort of thinking and typing along as I go so these might not be the best well thought out but I'm writing for the only purpose of my own enjoyment <33