A New World

Dan and Drago continue through the forest as they talk about what just happened.

Drago: Dan, I strongly suggest that we go back and talk to them to help us understand where in the universe we are.

Dan: I hear you Drago but, I'm not exactly convinced that those kids could help us when there has to be someone older in this world. So please trust me when I say this we don't need their help.

???: Then perhaps we could be of some assistance.

Dan looks to see a tall man holding a mug and a cane.

Dan: And you are?

Ozpin: Ozpin, Professor Ozpin. Headmaster of Beacon Acadamy.

Timeskip

Dan and Drago are taken to Beacon tower into Ozpin's office as Ozpin explains where they are.

Dan: So what your telling us, is that we are in a world that is ravaged by these Grimm, and you have four academies that teach these kids how to kill them and make a career out of it?

Ozpin: Indeed Mr. Kuso. Now if you don't mind me asking, where did you and Drago come from?

Drago opens up and props himself onto Ozpin's desk.

Drago: We're originally from Dan's home Earth but before we came here, we were on a planet called Neathia and we were helping the Neathians with a war with a rival species called the Gundalians. We were in the middle of a battle with the Emperor of Gundalia and his Bakugan Dharak until a bright light appeared and the next thing we knew, we were here.

Dan: Look, Professor, we're sorry for interfering with those kids' initiation.

Ozpin: No it's quite alright. You didn't know and you acted on instinct.

The elevator opens to reveal Glynda as she steps into the room.

Glynda: The first-year students have all returned. They are waiting for you professor.

Ozpin: Thank you, Glynda. (Looks to Dan and Drago) Gentlemen if you would be so kind, I would like you to attend this occasion as well.

Dan: You sure about that sir? I don't want to be a bother.

Ozpin: Nonsense, you both can also meet the ones you saved today.

Timeskip 

In the auditorium of Beacon, the first-year students gather with their partners as their names are called.

Ozpin: Russel Thrush, Cardin Winchester, Dove Bronzewing, Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as... Team CRDL. Lead by Cardin Winchester.

The four stepped down and allowed the next four to step forward.

Ozpin: Jaune Arc, Lie Ren, Phyrra Nikos, Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR. Lead by Jaune Arc!

Jaune: Huh? L-Led by...?

Ozpin: Congratulations, young man.

A grinning Pyrrha offers a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" is knocked over and falls to his butt in front of the laughing audience.

Ozpin: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. He motions over the four as they stand before him. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!

Dan and Drago notice Ruby as the girl in red.

Weiss looks to her right surprised, whereas Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang goes over to hug her sister.