New Beginning

Note - This is set during the smuggling track. The story is based after Raghav tells Pallavi that loving her was the biggest mistake of his life.

Last night's incidents played on in Pallavi's mind as she was taking a shower. She was tired of fighting everyday, tired of trying to understand him and giving him ample amount of chances to hurt her. She decided to talk to him and put an end to all of this. She came out of the shower and saw him sitting on the bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Raghav." She called to him.

"I was waiting for you. Please sit, I need to talk to you." Raghav made space for her to sit.                   "Pallavi, I am really sorry for whatever happened yesterday. I did not mean anything that I said. I truly love you. Please forgive me."

Pallavi had melted seeing him being sorry and being guilty for his actions but, was not going to give in so easily. She had to tell him what she felt even if it hurt him to listen to those things.

"Raghav, I called you to speak to you about the very same thing. Yesterday, when you said all those things, I was broken. You have no idea about how unwanted I felt. I have always loved you with all my heart and will continue to do so always but, I can't let go everything you do because of the love I have for you. I know that even you love me, but sometimes, love is not enough for a relationship to survive...."

"Are you going to leave me because of this?" He asked guilty of his actions.

"Will you let me complete?" Pallavi asked and glared at him. He nodded and she continued.

"Raghav, we have faced a lot of problems together, which is the reason we understand each other so well. You have always been there for me and I have also been by your side when you needed. Even when we weren't in love with each other, we had great compatibility and stood by each other. Compatibility is the most important thing in a relationship and I think, we have forgotten that or left it somewhere in between our fights."

"You mean to say, we are not compatible enough?"

"I am not saying that we are incompatible. I mean to say that we are so absorbed in our own opinions that we are not thinking about each other. I am not blaming you. The both of us are mistaken here. We need to start opening up to each other. Can we please start afresh and give chance to us?" Pallavi asked.

"Will you be able to ever forgive me for what I said?" He asked.

"Are you drunk so early in the morning? If I wouldn't have forgiven you then, why would I ask if we could start afresh?" Pallavi asked annoyed.

"Sorry for hurting you so much. It was never my intention. I was just annoyed with you for coming in between my business and I got drunk and said all those things. I won't repeat it, I promise." He said genuinely. She just hmmed in response.

"Pallavi, I need to clear one more thing. I can't leave this just because my family doesn't like it. It's my business which I have started from scratch and brought it to the position that it is at today. Also, just a small part of my business is illegal."

"But, that is the root of your business, right? You smuggle diamonds, which are further used in making the ornaments. So, even if you are making the ornaments legally, the diamond is illegal which makes the entire thing illegal." Pallavi placed her doubt.

"Pallavi, but not everything is diamond. I also, have gold, silver and platinum jewels which are not smuggled. Diamond is a part of my business and not the whole of my business." He explained to her.

"I still don't agree with whatever you say. Can you not leave this? It was Abhishek who died while smuggling, tomorrow you might get caught. Laxmi Singh is anyways behind you." She reasoned.