Chapter 1: Luna

A young woman swam under the blue water of the ocean. Her black, waist long hair flowed behind her, her blue eyes watched everything. Her black tail carried her through the waters.

She was indeed a mermaid. Youngest daughter at twenty two of King Poseidon, ruler of the merpeole. She loved to explore and dreamed of the land above.

She swam to a sunken ship. Picking up human things here and there. She placed them in bag, humming a tune.

"What's this?" she asked herself as she picked up a smoke pipe.

She had never found anything like this before. Taking it with her she swam to a forbidden place, the surface.

The surface the place she wished to be. The place she would give up anything to be. The place where her seagull friend, Sheldon lived.

Sheldon was a seagull like it said above. He knew everything there was to know about the two legged creatures called humans.

"Luna my dear!" said Sheldon flying down on to the rock near the mermaid

"Hello. I have something for you!" said Luna pulling out the pipe

"Well this here is a thingamagy." said Sheldon

"Really? What is it for?" asked Luna

"They use it to make music." said Sheldon

"Music?" said Luna "oh no the concert!"

She grabbed the piped. "Thank you!"

She dived down to the bottom, to her home. The city of Atlanis.

When she got there she was greeted by her father, his adviser who was a crab, and her best friend a fish named Flounder.
"I'm sorry daddy." she said
"WHERE WERE YOU! No don't answer that! You were at the surface again."

Luna looked down.

"You are banned to your room! The surface world is FORBIDDEN!" he yelled

Luna swam to her room crying. Only to sneak out and go back to the rock where Sheldon normally was.

It was night when she got there. Her eyes still red from crying.

"Oh Luna." said Sheldon

"Why does he hate the surface world so much?" she asked

Sheldon patted her back as she cried.

Both froze when they heard something. Peaking around the rock Luna spy's a beautiful ship. Music and singing were coming from it. Luna, memorized swam to it.