Four Turtles

There once was a little turtle. She had a brown shell with several white spots on it. She was a lonely turtle. No one wanted to be around her.

Then one day she met another turtle. He became good friends with her. They became very close. They did everything together and loved each other.

Then one day he had to leave. The girl turtle was devastated. She begged him to stay. But it wasn't his choice. He was being forced to leave by evil turtles that didn't want him to be with her.

The girl turtle cried for days over him. She thought she couldn't live without him. But she had another turtle that she knew that helped her through the difficult times. He had a light brown shell with orange specs. He would provide a solid place for her to cry. She thought the world of him.

Then another turtle. He was nice to her and very helpful. He was old, and had a very dark shell with a few scratches on it. He became close with her and helped her get through some of her problems. He said he would always help her through anything and meant it. He knew how she felt and helped her to feel better when she was sad. He had the same problems and wanted to make her happy. No matter the cost to himself.

She had both of the turtles to help her. But she still missed her friend. His absence still hurt. She met a turtle that had a medium brown plain shell. He was nice and made her feel like she wasn't alone. So she stayed around him. The feeling being around another turtle made her feel the absence of her friend less.

She would talk to the orange turtle to make her happy and the dark turtle for help. Then she would visit the the plain turtle to feel better. She went like this for awhile. Cycling between them. Then one day, she looked at the horizon and saw a lone figure on a hill. Curious, she left her three friends to see what it was. As she got closer to the figure she saw that her friend was waiting for her. He had come back! She began to move faster as she came closer to him.

As she got closer to her friend, she got farther away from the other turtles, until they could no longer see her at all. They let her go willingly. They knew she was going to be happy.

When the girl turtle got to her friend, she kisses him and cried with happiness. He promised that he would never leave again.

The other turtles looked after her. The plain turtle was the first to look away. He moved on. The orange turtle waited a little longer. Watching for any problems. Then, he too moved on. The old, dark turtle was the only one left. He stayed. He wanted the girl turtle to be happy. He watched from afar with a sad stare. As long as she was happy, then he would be too.

She came to visit him occasionally. He loved her visits. When she left he would stay and watch. Always watching, never moving. He watched, a little sadly as her life went on. She was happy. And so he was happy too.

THE END