❥𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️

There is a small TW for this chapter, so if you aren't comfortable with mentions/implications of su!c!d3/s3lf h@rm then please watch for the TW I put at the beginning and ending of it! It is very small and never directly said, but I would hate to trigger anyone!

There is also a p@n1c att@ck, so please proceed with caution if that's an issue for you! Take care of yourself <3

On with the chapter now!

Friday, 6:14 p.m.

"Luke!"

I look up from the screen to see a teal haired girl in front of me, with the gang behind her.

"What are you doing?!"

My eyes widen as I realize the gang just found me. I fumble to put my phone in my pocket before Hailey reaches me.

"We've been worried! You didn't respond to my texts, and your mom said you weren't home!" Hailey scolds. I see out of the corner of my eye Zander turned his head to see what was going on.

Ugh, this is embarrassing...

"I'm sorry! I should've told you where I was going..." I say. And really, I should've just been honest with them. I was going to see a new friend. Why would've they cared? I over-thought that.

Hailey sighs, calming down as the others come over.

"I-It's fine. It's fine, Luke. I'm sorry for getting so worked up. I just worry about you sometimes. Family instinct, I guess." She apologizes. "Though it appears that you do enjoy being here. Glad I recommended it, huh?" She asks, smiling. I smile too.

"Yeah. It's a nice place. I- I should've just been honest with you. I was there hanging out with a new friend.. I met him last week. The night you told me about it. He seemed cool, so I came back and we chatted once his shift was over." I explain, and I see no trace of hurt run over Hailey's or the others faces.

If anything, they look happy. Proud, even. I scan over them all once more, noticing Jake was missing.

"Where's Jake?" I raise an eyebrow, and Hailey rolls her eyes.

"Late. We texted him saying we would meet up with him later."

I chuckle.

"Ah yes, back to old times." I say. Hailey smiles, then sighs.

⚠️TW For The Next 2 Paragraphs

"I'm just so glad we found you! We were worried you-" she cuts herself off. It doesn't take me long to figure out what she was worried about.

She was worried I was going to do something to myself, wasn't she? I shake off the thought. That makes even me sick thinking about it.

⚠️TW Over <3

"Never mind. Hey, who's the friend?" She asks. I feel the butterflies flap in my stomach again, and my face flushes a light pink.

I see Sean and Milly smirk, Hailey just looking at me with a confused expression until her face also breaks into a smirk.

"Oooh~, okay! Okay, I see!" Milly teases. I wave a hand in the air.

"Shut up. We met a week ago." I clarify. Milly rolls her eyes.

"You're no fun. Who's the lucky person?~" She asks, heading straight back to the topic I wanted to avoid.

I look over, seeing that Zander had turned fully around as I continued talking with the club.