Chapter 3

"How come you haven't slept much?", Oikawa asked interested as they walked side by side to the sleeping room.

The ace was at this point so exhausted that he barely thought about what he actually said. Meanwhile, his condition changed from aggressive and irritated to 'just want to kip'. "The phrases on your splint made me think", he answered very slowly. "Yes, great how the team doesn't respect their captain, isn't it? I was surprised to see that you've also taken a part", Oikawa said in an  derogatory tone, as if to tell his best friend subliminally what he thought about the action. But the ace didn't even notice that anymore because of tiredness. "You can recognize the scriptures? Who wrote the very outside one? You know, the three words...", the smaller one wanted to know. The fact that his questions would perhaps be answered soon, or at least one question, gave him new strength. "The three what? I have not read everything, because there are some very hurtful things if you didn't notice! You were involved after all!", said the brown-haired and folded his arms (as well as it was possible with a splint). But he was curious, what three words could have his best friend meant? That's why he still ventured a glance toward his elbow. Startled he opened his eyes, but didn't recognize the words scripture. Someone wanted to tell him that he loves him, but who could that be??

"Now, do you see what I mean? It has to be one of the team since nobody else was there when you slept. Whose writing is this? Who dares to write something like that?!", Iwaizumi asked and somehow his heart started beating faster. Confused by the annoyed undertone of the dark haired one Oikawa replied: "I don't know. I know the signature of each member of our team, but this one is certainly not a member. But tell me, is that jealousy in your voice?~", joked the larger one, whereupon Iwaizumi suddenly blushed. "What?? Of course not!! As if I would love you-", he abruptly stopped speaking and he stopped too walk just as suddenly while he looked at the floor. "Is everything okay Iwa-chan?", Oikawa asked irritated and turned to his friend which slowly looked up from the floor, his cheeks still high red, and couldn't stop looking in Oikawas beautifull eyes. For the first time in so many hours something finally made sense. His repressed jealousy; the pain at the thought that someone else would love Oikawa; why he couldn't think of anything else then this... he had fallen in love with his best friend, and god knows how long these feelings already slumbered deeply inside him, and he simply didn't wanted to admit it or dismissed it as something else.

"...an... a-chan... Iwa-chan!!", Oikawa almost yelled at the end while shaking the ace's shoulders. Had he a short circuit or why was he not answering?

"Hmm, what?", Iwaizumi asked puzzled, but then he remembered his latest realization and simply began to run.

As fast as he could in this state of sleeplessness he ran back to the hall, just far away from Oikawa, and sat down on a bench there. He was completely out of breath. Iwaizumi had skilfully ignored the calls of his childhood friend, he just couldn't look at him now.

"Iwaizumi? You ought to go to bed, let alone running around!", the coach warned him when he saw him sitting out of breath on the bench. "But I-I'm feeling much better, I'm more alert than ever!", claimed the ace and tried to smile so that his statement would be more believable. Yes, he wasn't as tired as ten minutes ago but still tired and everything was better than having to talk to Oikawa right now!

Unfortunately, the coach didn't believed him much after this smile and sent him back to bed.

However, the coach didn't mean that he shouldn't take any detours! So he went to the other side of the court and spoke to one of the players standing on the edge.

"Hey, um... Yamaguchi?" The green-haired nodded. "What's up?", he asked Iwaizumi. "Is there another way to the bedroom? For some reason I'd like to avoid the main path", the ace explained, just trying not to be inconspicuous. Yamaguchi bowed his head thoughtfully, then said: "Hmm... yes! There's a second, fairly elaborate, less doorly entrance ." "Less doorly?", Iwaizumi asked after the unfamiliar word. "You'll understand when you see it. How serious are you about the second way?" "Very serious", the dark-haired one replied assuming Oikawa was still in the hallway as there was no sign of the setter yet.

Yamaguchi spoke briefly to Mr.Takeda about having to leave for a moment and shortly thereafter they walked out of the hall, a rather circuitous way through some trees and bushes until they arrived at the back of a building.

A branch from a nearby tree reached up to a high window, a rope hung down from the tree and Yamaguchi started to climb it up.

While Iwaizumi was following him he asks himself if he wanted to know why the Karasuno players had a secret way to a room full of sleeping places and other stuff...