Chapter One

Two years later and I never told anyone. I never told anybody anything. It's probably what has set me apart from everyone else for all these years. My name is Annalise, I'm 16 years of age, I have hazel eyes, dirty blonde hair, a 4.0 GPA, confidence and a passion for soccer. I'm that one girl in the class who knows what the answer is and says it. I'm not shy at all. I put myself out there and I do what needs to be done. I'm adored by many, but I just don't talk to anyone. Small talk maybe, but talking, I tried that once and that's what has made me so afraid. Afraid to live. Afraid to love. Afraid to trust. I'm 16 years old and I have more anxiety than a senior who doesn't know where they want to go to college the day before the applications are due. But, it's been a couple years since the incident, so I don't think about it too much anymore. Everything changes when a guy gets close though. I can barely be comfortable with any guy staring at me for too long. It makes me feel vulnerable just like I did the years before. I escape my thoughts when I hear the bell ring. I rush out of my seat and head to my next class. "Annalise?" I hear my name being called by a voice I don't recognize. It's a gentle and deep voice. I turn to see who is calling me and I now look upon the new student that just transferred here. "Annalise is your name, right?" I stand gazing upon the gorgeous boy in front of me. I can't breathe. I tuck my hair behind my ear and clear my throat. "Yeah. Why?" I ask in a small voice. "You forgot your binder when you rushed out of your seat." He pauses and then asks with a smirk on his face, "where were you heading off to so quickly? I'm sure class can't be that interesting." I have to look away from him. He hands me my binder and my body goes stiff when his hand brushes against me. I think about running away. He gives me a discerning look and asks me if I'm okay in the sweetest voice. "I'm fine, I just should go," I try to say calmly. I start to walk away and the boy grabs my arm and shyly asks, "do you know where room 108 is?" I feel a little bit of heat rise to my cheeks when I realize that's my next class. "Yeah, that's actually where my next class is. Just follow me."

A/N: Hey guys, I'm Madi, I came up with this story and I thought other people would enjoy it too. Just so you guys know, this story will be mostly told in Annalise's POV, but will feature the boy to be named in the next chapter POV. Let me know what you think about it and what I should write next. Kisses xo