Rolling Wave

"It's not a sport, it's a lifestyle

"It's not a sport, it's a lifestyle."

"Surfing."

"Kids out here, ride from Arizona just to ride our waves. These are California waves."

"These are Cali waves."

Jungkook emerges from beneath the waves, his hair whipping back, spraying salt water. He wipes his hands over his eyes and nose, taking a deep breath in and looking back towards shore."I wiped out," he huffs, getting ready to paddle back to shore. Looking up at the clouds, he has about twenty minutes before that storm moves in. Today would be his last day taking advantage of that nice spring tide.

With his legs on either side of his board, he lets the current carry him out. He waves to his friends out on shore, poking at a bonfire with their boards buried in the sand.

"That's it boys," he yells, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Let's go home."

With a towel hanging from his shoulders, Jungkook rubs his hand over his abdominals. His wrists are covered in cloth bracelets, some of them promises he's made to people he'll never see again. He grabs a chip from the snack table and pops it in his mouth.

"We're crashing at Hoseok's today, we gotta do some grocery shopping before we head to the next beach," Namjoon says, packing up the leftover beer into the cooler. "Headed North about thirty minutes from here."

Jungkook shifts his weight, listening attentively as he catches his breath. "Can we hit Pleasure Point?" He adds.

Namjoon raises an eyebrow, glancing over at Yoongi for confirmation. Yoongi shakes his hand 'maybe.' Joon nods side to side.

"I just came back from Brazil. Unless you're willing to take that 15 hour flight from LAX to Sydney with me, I suggest we relax a little," he laughs.

The fire flickers wildly, creating shadows on Yoongi's face. He smirks. "No way."

The moon peeks from the clouds, creating a reflection out on the ocean.

Namjoon looks past Jungkook's shoulder, catching sight of the boats passing by on the horizon with their lanterns. "Look," he points.

Jungkook looks past his shoulder, turning his body. "Weird, we never get boats."

"Do you think it's a...g-g-g-ghost, Jungkook?!" Yoongi cackles, poking him.

He rolls his eyes, snatching Yoongi's fingers. "No. Stop, jackass." Namjoon pinches his glabella, frustrated with these two idiots.

"C'mon guys, help me pack up. It's almost eight and I told Hoseok we'd be there by eight-thirty." He stands up and starts to fold his chair to put in the back of the Jeep.

The other boys join in. Jungkook hauls the cooler and tents, Namjoon carries the surfboards to strap them up top, and Yoongi gathers the miscellaneous shit.