What it is to be "romantic"

To be romantic in my eyes, is NOT to be a clingy bitch, with low self-esteem and nothing else to look forward to than your lover's face.

NO! That is just being repulsive, clingy and how you're going to get dumped within about 3 seconds. So if that's what you thought... get some better friends and PLEASE continue reading.

Being romantic is always when they do all the little things to make you feel special. (^_^) Simple things like sneaking up behind you and putting their arms around your waist (this can be for either gender to either gender) to things like taking you out of your house (yes, even a walk in the park is a small romantic gesture).

It's the little things that people take for granted, and I for one do too. But when we realize how much we miss the little things when they disappear, THAT when we really do realize we love that other person... A lot.

I'm sure everyone reading this who has had experience in at least 3 relationships knows vaguely what they want in a relationship. You know, tall/short, smart, funny, doesn't cut themselves, doesn't act like the one who has ALL the problems in the world, etc. So if you know what you're looking for, go out and find it! It's not really that hard.... maybe...

So basically, being romantic is to treat each other equally, not be an attention hog, and not to use your 'other half' as a trophy (as fun as it is). And also, make sure they're feeling good. Sometimes (even guys) pretend they are perfectly fine, but deep down feel like poop, or they may have something going on at home. I'm not saying nag them until they tell you, just if they say they aren't feeling the best, then tell them you're always there for them (even if it gets boring listening to them complain).