Chapter 1: Cursed Being Hichi Mirukame

....

"Helloooo?"

The sound of someone calling me is the first thing I hear upon coming to my senses. I slowly open my eyes, expecting a bright light, only to be met with near darkness with only a few candles illuminating the room. What immediately draws my attention is the man standing in front of me. He seemed pretty normal, minus the blindfold over his eyes. He had a big grin on his face.

"Rise and shine buddy. You sure were out of it for a while".

I don't like the way he said that. I try to get up, only to be held down by something. I look down to see that I'm shackled to the floor. Not only that but there's a talisman slapped directly onto my chest. Hold on, why am I being treated like a hostage!?

I look up to see hundreds of talismans placed all around me. Hanging on the walls, from the ceiling, and even placed on the floor. Oh no, this is even worse than I thought. I'm trapped in a religious camp! He then grows a smile on his face.

"Hichi Mirukame, you my friend, are going to be..."

He does a little motion with his hands, pointing directly at me.

"Executed"!

...........

WHAT!!!???

Wait. This is a good thing. If they're cultists, then they should be able to find a way to kill me without them dying before they can! That's probably what the talismans are for.

"Ok then, I'm ready whenever. Actually, the sooner the better!" I tell him, sounding eager for my own demise.

Despite wearing a blindfold, I could tell that the man in front of me was shocked.

"You're not going to ask why you're being executed, plead for mercy, or even ask for a last meal? Do you really want to die that badly?"

"Yes, actually..." I reply, looking down towards the ground.

He gives another shocked look before it turns to one of pity.

"It must've been tough, having to live while being followed by a curse".

Curse? Did he say curse? Before I can ask any questions, he gets right in front of my face.

"Look at those bags. Probably from sleepless nights I presume? And that untamed hair is from it not letting you have anything sharp." He could see my facial details and hair through that blindfold... Impressive...

"Wait a minute! Am I not being held captive by a religious cult?" I ask curiously.

The man starts to laugh like he just heard the best joke he ever heard.

"Hahahahahaha! That's a new one, a religious cult!"

He proceeded to laugh in my face regarding my question. Eventually, he managed to hold in his laughter.

"I'm sorry about that. Allow me to introduce myself. Satoru Gojo, a teacher at Tokyo Jujutsu High. I see potential in you, young Mirukame. I have another option for you. You can join our school with the other 1st years, and learn to control your curse. Or we can just execute you".

That's not really much of a choice... Either I die, or everyone else dies.

"I'll just take the execution..." I tell him as plainly as I could

He stops smiling and simply gives me a neutral face.

"I see. If that's what you want then... I simply have to reject your choice!"

Smiling like an idiot, he pulls me free of the chains and begins dragging me out of the room.

"Wait wait, what are you doing! Don't bring me out to the outside world! If you bring me out there, who knows what will happen!? Please listen to meeeeeee!!!!!" I yell to no avail.

"Come on, with that talisman on you you'll be fine! And if it doesn't work, I'll just kill you as you wanted!"

Why is he so giddy all of a sudden!!?? That tone does not match what he's saying at all!

He dragged me through the door, and we were outside in the wilderness. It took a few minutes for my eyes to adjust to the bright light emitted from the sun. I felt that nauseous feeling in my stomach whenever something bad was going to happen. Gojo notices this and puts a hand on my shoulder. I flinch at his touch.

"Don't touch me, you'll get hurt!!!" I say, backing away quickly before ducking, covering my ears, and closing my eyes. I don't want to witness any more death... A few seconds go by, with no sounds of screaming, crying, or feeling any blood splatter over me. I slowly open my eyes to see Gojo looking at me with a confused look.

"I told you, as long as that talisman is smacked on you, you'll be fine. Just don't remove it. As soon as it is, that curse attached to you won't be affected by it." He tells me. I nod softly in response.

"Now then, let's go to Tokyo Jujutsu High, your new home away from..." He begins before noticing me about to tear up.

"Ooo... too soon..."