01 - Museum

The feeling of sleeping a dreamless sleep, you overlook your surroundings, your living. When you rest with a weary mind, you forget about everything, even your existence.

It was when Kai woke up with a pulsing head, eyes deliberately opening only to shut once again from the excessive amount of light. The commotion around her was exceptionally wild but she couldn't make anything out of it. The Lousy environment didn't help her headache and slowly she lifted her hand, which felt much heavier, covering her eyes. Moments passed and she gradually adapted to the light and the noises.

"Kai! Can you feel your head?" Looking over, Kai found a girl as lovely as her girl crush from her workplace. Wait, it was certainly her! Leora, a fair girl with gleaming marine blue eyes hooded with thick black lashes and a set of medium-thick brows. Her ebony hair stretched an inch below her ears. Moving up, Kai stared at her lush lips for a moment, seeing how the pink gloss was flawlessly in its place, a few strands of her hair sticking against her temples as if she was hustling a while ago. Kai never precisely got to speak to her except for a few eye contacts at her work. By personality, she was said to be optimistic and quick.

Reference photo:

Why was she here out of everyone? Taking a puff, willing to speak, Kai was met by an intense smell of phenyl

Why was she here out of everyone? Taking a puff, willing to speak, Kai was met by an intense smell of phenyl. "Barely.." She responded, now taking a look at her surroundings.

"How did I get here?" Kai asked, slowly starting to crouch on the hospital bed with the support of Leora. Once sitting up, Kai's hand went up to her forehead, finding a fresh dressing at the left corner. Leora took a moment before talking. "Well, the guards said, you were trying to 'steal' municipal property and before they could get to you snatching it, you knocked over, almost as if someone pushed you."

Leora rubbed the back of her neck before speaking again, "I, fortunately, was there, and once hearing the commotion, I strolled in to see who it was and... voila! It was you." She gave Kai a delicate smile before focussing on her bandage. "You kinda hit your head badly, there was no bleeding whatsoever, still they did patch up your forehead that had minor injuries." Gazing at her, Kai mumbled, "Thank you for saving my life. I am forever in the debt of you." "You're welcome, it's no big deal." She replied, eyes glinting into the latter.

Shortly after there was a knock at the door and seconds later the door opened, revealing Kai's friends and work companions.

"Kai! So glad you're alive and in one piece." Spoke a brown-head, the youthful partner in the group, hopping over to Kai and lending her a big bear hug. "Thanks, Faerie," Kai replied, hand resting on top of Faerie's head. Faerie was a young, adorable girl with brown-golden wavy hair and light bangs that rested on her shoulders. She had blue eyes with a doll nose and pouty red lips. Adding to her beauty were her freckles, resting right over her always blushed face. She was known to be fairy-like with a sweet, delighting personality.

Reference photo:

"You're patched up and still pretty, bestie

"You're patched up and still pretty, bestie." A tone much lower than Faerie's confessed from a distance. It was Asterin's. Next stunning friend of Kai, a dark-skinned deity with white dyed curly hair that lengthened till her elbows, and sharp foxy blueish-grey eyes. Her rosy lips perfectly angled along with her well-arched eyebrows gave her a rather powerful look. She was said to be a decent and active friend who likes partying, also, the third youngest in the group after Faerie and you.

Reference photo:

Kai gave her a genuine smile, she often managed to cheer the atmosphere just like Faerie

Kai gave her a genuine smile, she often managed to cheer the atmosphere just like Faerie. "Oh yes, did you bring food??" Kai hurriedly asked, untangling herself and examining the bags they carried. Asterin waved the food packs, giving away a broad smile. "I'll get going now," said Leora, standing up and picking up her bag. "You won't be joining us for dinner?" Aphra asked, setting up the food packs on the slab beside Kai's bed. "I have a seminar to attend, thank you. Please enjoy your time." Nibbling onto her burger, Kai waved at her with her mouth stuffed.

"Wa-waye~," She said, waving to Leora with her friends. "Bub-bye~" Leora corrected her with a soft smile before waving back and shuffling straight out.

"Your cheeks, they are red as ever," Aphra pointed, chewing on her dish. "I'm just glad she was there when I blacked out, though I kinda hate her having to see me like this," Kai shrugged, conveying what she felt. Aphra was the senior in the friend group, she had rose-gold hair that reached till her waist, which she always tied in a bun. A well-sculptured face with sea-green eyes covered with black lashes. A straight nose with orange-tinted lips. She was calm and well-spoken, hardworking to say.

Reference photo:

"Why don't you just tell her you like her, silly!" Faerie spoke, elbowing Kai to which her face scrunched up

"Why don't you just tell her you like her, silly!" Faerie spoke, elbowing Kai to which her face scrunched up. "I do not know if she likes girls," She solely said, not wishing to continue the chitchat about Leora. "You won't know until you ask her tho" Asterin jumped in, "How's the food?" she inquired further. "It's good," Kai said and soon they munched off the food, discussing the current work scheme at their workplace.

It was a fact Kai paid less attention to the subject and more to what she saw at the museum. It was strangely physical, she could not have just dropped and hit her head on the marble. There must be something more to the subject. What was the portrait's name again? Kai thought hard to herself till it hit her.

"Lady... Lady Alcina Dimitrescu."

-

Hello, darlings. Writing this was incredible, especially when it came to characterizing Kai's friends. If you already comprehended what her friends will look like to you, kindly dismiss the reference photos. It's for those who can't picture them. Looking forward to more chapters, adios~