Chapter 2: First aid encounter

Phantom sighs, as he begins to apply first aid to Snatcher's wounds, using the healing elixirs made earlier, before conjuring magic strings to use for stitching.

"Other boss?" one of the minions asks, concerned. "Is... is boss going to be okay?"

Phantom turns around and looks at the minions that surround him. They look on with look of fear and concern. They know Snatcher's injuries are bad, and they don't want their boss to die.

"He'll survive," Phantom says. "Ghosts don't die easily, due to the fact that they are extremely close to being dead as it is."

The Head Minion turns back to Snatcher, and begins to stitch. "Along with that, he's being given first aid. He won't be dying again, I can assure you that."

The minions calm down a little, but still stare as Phantom intently, their sack bodies tense.

After a few minutes of stitching, Phantom finishes and bandages Snatcher's wounds over it. "Now, all we can do is wait for the boss to wake up," Phantom says, standing up.

The minions glance at each other, before nervously nodding to what Phantom says. "I hope the boss heals up soon," one of the minions say.  "If anyone else were to come to hurt us-"

"-Then I'll deal with them," Phantom cuts in. "I know it's not what you expect of me, but I can more than hold my own in a fight. If anything happens, I'll be there."

This further calms the minions down, and they manage to somewhat relax.

"Everything will be alright, okay?" Phantom reiterates. "For now, I'll stay with the boss until he awakes. You all head back to the village, and get on with your tasks. When the boss awakes, I'll be sure to announce when that happens."

"Okay, other boss. We'll get to it," the minions say, before rushing out of Snatcher's house and towards the village.

Phantom takes a book from one of Snatchers' shelf, sit down on a chair he had set up earlier, and begins to read. He slams the book closed, though, when he realises that it's Snatcher's "How to kill kids" book, and throws the thing outside.

He gets out of the chair, and moves toward the book, before shooting a bolt of electricity at it and setting it ablaze. For five minutes, Phantom watches as the fire flare up when the book was fulling consumed all the way until the flame died and the book is nothing but ashes. "Good riddance," Phantom mutters, satisfied.

As Phantom turns around to head back to Snatcher's house, he hears a heavy thud of something landing right behind him.

He turns around, only to see a young girl wearing a purple top hat standing up and brushing the dust off herself. When she finishes and looks up, she jumps a little upon seeing Phantom, who's patiently standing there.

"I never thought I'd see the day... What brings you here,  miss?" Phantom softly says, approaching the girl.

"Who are you, and where's Snatcher?" she says,  pulling out an umbrella. She gives Phantom a determined look, and doesn't move closer or away.

"You have been here before... How do you know my boss?" Phantom says, kneeling down to her level. "If you had, Snatcher would have stolen your soul, forced you to do a bunch of jobs, some dangerous, and even if you survived, he would try to kill you."

"I beat him."

Phantom is silent for a moment, letting the information fully register, before he stands up. "Heh. You're pretty good. It's not every day the boss finds someone that beats him." He pauses, before continuing, "And, well,  today is one of those days."