Chapter 11 - Answers

Chapter 11
Answers

  The next day Mia was supposed to go back to school. As one would imagine she didn't want to due to the rumors that might have been spread in her absence.

Unsurprisingly, Mia's mother was back to her caring mother facade. Pretending nothing had happened.

"Hon, will you be eating breakfast?" She asked from the kitchen while Mia was walking out the guest room.

"No, not hungry" Mia mutters loud enough to be heard as she grabs her keys, leaving.

Since when does she even eat breakfast — she scoffs. Still annoyed from the night before

Thankfully, she didn't get to sulk too much because suddenly a voice called out "Are you sure you should be driving?"

Mia's head snaps towards the source of the voice only to see Alex standing there.

"What are you doing here, Alex?" To say Mia was caught off guard was an understatement. Yet for whatever reason she couldn't bring the anger back up from last night as she stared at him.

"Well I was worry and good thing I was" he smirks shaking his head "you were about to drive and you just got out of the hospital, come on Mia"

"I wasn't told I couldn't" Mia crossed his arms, staring at him challengingly. Daring him to fight her.

He laughs, stepping forward amused but as he did so the door behind them opened. Startling them both.

"And who are you?" Mia's mom demands, crossing her arms without even as much a greeting.

Yet without missing a beat Alex simply smiles charmingly "Mia's friend"

Mia sees her mouth open to continue but she is done with both her parents and Alex. So she quickly cuts her off. Stepping away from the door.

"Mom, he's a friend from school who came to pick me up" Mia states, turning to grab Alex by the hand pushing him to walk along with her  "Thanks for worrying about us! I'll be on my way!"

Alex seemed taken back for a second before he laughed. Shaking his head.

"Nice to meet you!" He shouts, allowing himself to be dragged away.

After that they both walked quietly. Mia was too deep in her thoughts to notice the way Alex was staring at her.

Did her mom think Alex was involved with what happened? Was she suspicious? She was right but did she truly think she was involved in some gang?

Suddenly he laughs, causing Mia to startle, turning to look at him in surprise.

"What?" She demands

"You are so cute when your angry" he coos, bringing his hand up to place his fingers on her brows "you get this little crease that's just plain adorable"

"Am not!" Mia turns, lifting her hand and hitting his shoulder with a huff. He laughs even harder at that.

"Sure, sure" He waved his hand dismissively at her, laughing even more. Which granted that reaction she clearly didn't help.

"Ale come on! Stop playing around. I'm still mad at you, you know!" Mia tried to remind him but she was failing miserably as she began to laugh. For some strange reason being around Alex always made her mood lift. Everything always felt easier.

"But you just got discharged from the hospital. I got to make sure you make it safe and sound to your destination" he smiles, crooking his head "That's what I do"