Set Sail!

It was a chilly day in New York, although if you asked Lila, she would say…

“What the crap!? I’m freezing!” Lila said as she shivered.

“Come on, it's not that bad.” Lucas said as he looked over at Lila.

“That’s coming from the guy in shorts!” Lila yelled in response as she pointed at Lucas’ blue shorts.

“It’s only zero degrees fahrenheit…” Lucas said as he looked away.

“A- Only!? Seriously I oughta punch your face in and-” The two continued bickering as Banner stood to the side.

“Heh, north Cali meets south Cali…” He thought to himself as he watched the scene unfold.

As for where the trio was? Well, they were currently waiting near one of the piers in NY harbour, for the ship they are supposed to get on. 

“Where is that boat…” Banner thought as looked over to the empty pier.

“Hmm I’ll check again.” With that said, Banner took out his phone and checked his email. His eyes went wide as soon as he realised the grave mistake they had all made.

“Uhhh… guys!” He called out to his compatriots. “What pier did you say we were supposed to go to?

Lila and Lucas quickly stopped bickering and looked over to Banner.

"Number three. Why?" They said in unison.

"Check your mail." Banner said. The two just shrugged at each other and did so.

"Wait… Oh mother of, AH!" Lila yelled as soon as she saw what Banner was talking about.

"We… we were supposed to go to pier thirteen… not three…" Lucas said dejectedly.

"Well we got five minutes to run from here… to thirteen." Banner said as he pointed in the direction they needed to go.

Without a word, Lila picked up her bag and made a mad dash to pier thirteen.

“Well, we better move it.” Lucas said as he ran after Lila.

"Hey wait for me!" Banner said as he too ran off.

_____

"Dick Long?!" A man at pier thirteen asked as they took attendance.

"Here!" Dick Long responded.

"Ok… Mike Oxlong?" The man asked again.

"Here!" Mike responded.

"Uhhhm… Ben Dover?" The man asked again.

"Here!" Ben responded.

The man continued to call names untill he got to…

"Lila Mondholm?" The man asked.

No response.

"Lila Mondho-" He was cut off by the voice of a girl.

"I'm here, I'm here!" The red haired girl said as she ran across pier thirteen.

"Holy… crap… That was a long run!" She said as she took in large breaths of air.

"Lucas Al-" The man was about to call Lucas's name, but was interrupted by Lila.

"Lucas and Banner… are on their way." The red haired girl interjected.

"Can you show me their names please?" The man asked, as he showed Lila the clip board with the list of names on it.

"Uhmm it's this one and this one." She pointed the two names out as the boys in question finally arrived.

"Holy crap we made it!" Lucas sighed out as he collapsed to the ground.

"Dude, I was carrying everyone's stuff…" Banner said as he let all the bags drop to the ground.

With wide eyes she felt around herself and realized her bags were gone.

"Here." Banner said as he held Lila's bag in front of her.

"Thanks!" She said as she took it and slung it over her shoulder.

"Alright! Now that everyone is here, could you please, enter the ship in single file." The man asked of them, as all the children walked along the gangway and onto the massive ocean liner in front of them.

"That's… a big boat…" Banner said as he looked at the ship in awe.

"Welcome to Azur Lane I guess." Lila said as she walked over to the gangway.

Not wanting to be left behind for the second time today, the boys jogged up behind her, and made their way across the gangway and onto the ship.

_____

"Oh.."

"My…"

"Ship!"

These were the only words that came out of the three's mouths.

"I have never seen anything like this before…" Lila said, as she blankly stared at the room in the center of the ship.

"What? I thought you were rich…" Lucas said as he blankly stared at Lila.

"Wha- do you really think everyone that dances is rich or something!?" She snapped back.

The two boys just nodded before Lila frowned and began to walk away.

"You guys gonna come or what? We have to get our rooms and what not." She spoke, causing the boys to scramble and catch up to her.

"Seriously though… why would you have a huge open atrium, with a scaled down version of central park on a ship!?" Lucas exclaimed.

"Because why the hell not? Besides who knows, this could be the actual school! So we have to be able to do something." Banner stated.

"Hah! Imagine." Lila chuckled.

The bellowing sound of a ship Horne pierced the trio's ears, causing Lucas to jump.

"Pfffft HAHAHAHA!" Lila laughed so hard that she dropped to the floor.

"It's not even that funny…" Lucas mumbled.

"Haha! You gotta admit, it was kind of funny dude." Banner retorted.

"Whatever…" Lucas said in a complacent tone.

"C'mon, let's go see what's on the top deck!" Lila said as she pulled the two boys along.

"Hey! Wait, AAAAAA"

_____

Once the three got to the top deck, the first thing they did was run over to the edge.

"So… we're really doing this…" Banner said, as he looked at the rapidly shrinking port of New York.

"Well duh! It's why we all came here from all over!" Lila responded.

"You said it! Either way this is gonna be awesome!" Lucas said excitedly.

"Yah, no matter what happens we'll be the best commanders we can be… TO GUNS AND GLORY!" Banner cheered.

"TO GUNS AND GLORY!" They cheered as their ship left New York and towards their destination.