Chapter 5: Law of Jealousy

JENNIE POV

"Yes. I know I'll be there in 10 minutes. Just wait for me." My secretary called me that I have a meeting about the case I'm working on right now.

I immediately leave my office and walk towards the meeting room. As I've entered the room I scanned it and there I saw my favorite enemy. Irene, my best friend but for this case we'll set aside our friendship. She'll defending the husband side while I take the wife side.

"Good morning ladies and Mr. Park. We're here to discuss about the annulment that Mr. Park filed against Mrs. Park." Then Irene started to talked futher about the case we're both in right now. I swear this couple makes my head hurts. They want an annulment but their parents doesn't want it because they already have a daughter. But Mr. Park insisted that he doesn't own the child and his wife has a mistress who apparently the legitimate father of the child. But base on what I've learned Mr. Park just making up a story because he's really the one who have a mistress here. And I can't state it here right now because he might just deny it. I need more evidence to prove Mrs. Park is innocent.

"I hope to have the consideration and patience of the both parties. Since we still gathering some evidence and the DNA is still on going and we still not have the result." I spoke ending the meeting. I stood up on my sit and walk towards to Irene when the couple left the room. Well, we're still considering them as a couple since their case is still on going.

"How's life Attorney Bae?" I smiled and give Irene a hug and kiss her on her cheeks. She did the same to me.

"Great Attorney Kim. How's yours?" She giggled on our silliness. I really love this girl.

"Better. I mean it's not what I'm expecting for the last five years. If you know what I'm saying." I answered her. She nods. Well, the marriage between me and Jisoo got canceled.

"Would you mind if I steal you Attorney?" I can't believe she really asked me that.

"No of course Miss Manoban because no one here owning me. You can't steal me from myself." I answered her that caught her off guard.

"Miss Manoban sorry to interrupt but your father is looking for you." A butler suddenly appeared on Lisa's side that stopped the tension between us. What a life saver. I sarcastically thought.

"I'm leaving now Kims. Thanks for tonight." Lisa's final words then take a last glance on me before she leave us alone here on our table.

"We're leaving." Dad suddenly spoke and stood up on his seat then start walking through the exit. I and my mom immediately followed him. My dad is already inside our car when we exited the place.

"I'll cancel the merging between Kims." My dad spoke when we finally settled on his office. I'm currently sitting on the single couch in front of them and my mom sitting beside him.

"I want you to make that Lisa Manoban fall on your hands. Because I know she's already head over heels on you." My dad continues that make me look at him in disbelief. I thought he just got his senses back but I guess he just become more evil every single day passed.

"If you make her marry you. It's not just me who'll benefit on this, but also you." He said while leaning his back on the couch.

"I can do that. But in one condition--"

"What condition?" My dad asked impatiently.