The whisper.

It was there when I was just a small kid. It was a lullaby. It brought peace to my soul. It was my reliable spirit. It felt like my second soul. No one understood; not even me.

It was confusing; even for me. It would bring discomfort to me; especially on the full moon nights. But that sweet lullaby would always be there to give me peace.

I have never wondered where it was coming from. All I focused on, was what it was doing to my being. My grand-aunt would curse my unknown father. It was official that I had a loose screw in my head.

I never cared. Maybe because the word 'weird' that they loved calling me had a completely different meanings for me. I thought W is for Wonderful, E- Exciting;I- Interesting;R- Real and D for Different. Also maybe because of the joy I felt upon hearing the whisper.

As I grew, I matured. And grew the desire to hear it loud enough to sing it. Mornings were when I would hear it. It would be blatant. But not enough. The whisper made me value nature.

It would make me do the strangest things; that would leave me flabbergasted by my own actions. I never understood why I did it, especially after doing it; but I did while doing it. You don't understand me; I know.

Let me elaborate for you. It's like when you don't understand a certain Maths problem;but after practising it you do. But vice versa.

You understand the problem but in a snap of a finger it confuses you to such an extent that you want to remove your brain just to put it back in. But of course that's only a fantasy; stored at the pit of my brain.

My childhood was a blur that passed like lighting. I don't remember how it was; only the vibrant spark it created. It was like that. It's ridiculous that I remember nothing but; my closeness to my best friend about my childhood.

I got a best friend; Nature. Maybe because every other girl in the village thought I was crazy. But I had a better best friend. The one that would sing a lullaby for me. The one that brought peace to my soul.
Does your best friend do that?

Being an outcast isn't as bad as you would think. Unlike being normal; it gave me reassurance that they saw me. They knew I was there; I was not invisible to them.

I never got to understand why everyone looked at me weirdly when I tried to be as close to earth as I could. They thought it was weird to see a 16 yr old girl playing with soil. But it was the closest to nature as I could be.

Being in a forest was impossible. But nature always found its way. She was only waiting for the day that I reached my peak. The day the whisper would turn into a voice.

°°°°

I hope you enjoyed; if you did please VOTE and COMMENT.

Love Saxola.