Hoshi

Everything is peaceful in here. The dacing trees, the melody of the singing birds and the soothing touch of the wind is incomparable.

This is the serenity that I want, the peace of mind that i deserve and hope that no one is going to bother me here while sitting on my grandmother's rocking chair that is currently residing beside the historic type window.

"Hoshi, anong ginagawa mo dyan? Kanina kapa tinatawag ni tita ah"

I didn't really mind him and just continued to rock the chair slowly while closing my eyes.

"You kept addressing me as deaf pero sino saatin ngayon ang hindi makarinig?"

Reklamo nya.

"I can hear you loud and clear Yori" i said.

I heard him grabbing a chair and placed it near me, he then took my hand and intertwined it with his.

I didn't mind, he is my boyfriend after all.

"Is something bothering you?" He asked.

This ancestral house is from my grandmother's sister, lola Remy or Remedios.

This isn't a family mansion, it may looked like it is because of how is it built but to be honest lola Remy made this house possible for construction with her own hardship and money.

Back then, a lot of suitors would woo her outside their perspective residence but she got zero interest in men and would even dare to decline a marriage proposal in front of their parents.

She was independent.

She was feisty.

She was fine alone.

Lola Remy once told me that "you can be independent if you wanted to. No one could ever stop you from feeling that way"

I was lola Remy's favorite grandchild and she loved us 3 too.

Sadly, she passed away 3 years ago dahil nadin sa katandaan. She died at the age of 91, she probably lived her life so great i must say.

This house, and the land property was left in my name including her things and other properties.

I was also stunned when I heard about it.

"I'm just wondering if Lola Remy did enjoyed life" i asked him.

Lola never had a partner kumbaga tumanda syang dalaga.

So she was really hands on to me while my parents were out working.

My mother's mother, Lola Nadia died years after mom gave birth to my 2nd brother Haruki.

Si lola Remy na talaga ang tumayo kong second mother and sobrang maalaga si lola saakin probably because, she never got to experience things like taking care but she was really good at it.

"Life is full of happiness and regrets Hoshi. So, maybe she did lived a happy life but with regrets too" he said.

I diverted my gaze outside the window, the place is really big and green, there are trees everywhere.

Pumupunta ako dito noon kapag gusto kong magpahinga sa city, kapag pagod ako sa trabaho or kapag namimiss ko si lola Remy.

Andito lang ang pamilya ngayon because it is Lola Remy's death anniversary and to celebrate it we decided to gathered here.

Wala naman akong pinsan sa mother's side ko kase hindi naman nagkaanak si lola Remy and lola Nadia's daughter is only one, my mother.

The rest are distant relatives na hindi ko naman kakilala.