Prologue

—

Crystalized tears escaped from his wide, red, flame-like eyes as clouds left his sight in a blur; his lengthy hair breaking out from its hold of silk as it is now flying wildly around without a sense of direction, its raven color lustrous as it glistens under the midday sun. Tattered clothes that once looked stunning were now loosely hanging onto his firm and scarred frame, blue blood trickling down from a gash on his chiseled jawline down to his raggedy apparel, his tan skin being showcased to the scorching sun.

As he fell for longer he could only think about the numbing pain that was coming from his back; more specifically, where his pair of wings once were, proudly erected and glorious—now all that was left were two hallow holes on his back with blue blood seeping out staining his once red uniform.

He was too perfect.

The most revered and idolized of all angels—there was nothing he could not accomplish. Every single expectation that was ever placed on him was surpassed in record-breaking time as he set a new bar for everything that he did.

The strongest of all angels

The gods most trusted angel

The angel that marked a new era

What was Helios but the embodiment of perfection?

Helios did not mind the pain that came with landing on Earth's surface—of course, healing won't be too much of a bother, but with the power that the brigade of angels put into their attacks before he was left to supposedly die on Earth, Helios was now left in a severe state of pain with wounds scaling from light to severe littered throughout his entire body. Once a highly revered Archangel, now an exiled and scorned monster. How quickly does one fall from grace.

Now left to stare at the cloudless blue sky, Helios was left to ponder over his future. Exiled and presumed dead, Helios thought it only reasonable if he would be continued to be thought deceased. But, where would he go? Anywhere—the world was his playground now, all he had to do was lay low and enjoy the rest of eternity by himself exploring the soils of Earth.

Supposing that this was a reasonable plan Helios gradually rose from where he lay with the aid of a gigantic rock, his arm muscles flexing in the process as he staggers to a complete stop now lazily standing.

Who was he now? Who did he serve? Was there any purpose to his life now that he has been exiled? What was he, but perfection? Now that he wasn't perfect, Helios could only mourn his reality. However, he was wiser than that. Placing both hands next to his sealed two swords Helios took a deep breath before letting go of the two hilts, his long exposed legs taking a step forward as he commenced his new journey wandering the Earth.

Well, who knew that he would find two peculiar humans on this journey who would help him figure out a thing or two about where he was to go next. And who would have thought that it would bring him to meet a dozen others, whose fates Helios would carelessly change.

Love is the last thing on Helios' mind as he conspires for revenge, and with two separate wars about to commence can he be too bothered to care? Either way, nothing will stop him or his plans—not even some love-crazed humans—not even non-humans can stop him now that he has finally found his true purpose in life-

Or, has he?

"𝘐 𝘧𝘭𝘦𝘸 𝘴𝘰 𝘩𝘪𝘨𝘩 𝘐 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩—𝘴𝘰 𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘦𝘥. "