Chapter 0

"Paff? Right here?"

"Yes, Neko. This is as far away from Cytus as possible. Release the subject."

"But he's a Starborne - he can traverse realms easily-"

"I said release him, Neko."

Neko deployed the Meowbots, as the humanoid creature lay suspended in the air, his brown hair with red striations flowing, his antennae not even twitching, his chest rising and falling in serene tranquility. He still had his sash that said his name, EK. Neko hated that. He killed nearly all of her charts. It was hard for Neko to believe her eyes, that her sworn enemy was just here, tranquilized, unable to attack, about to be exiled, and she was still alive.

"He will be sealed by the Ephermal Light, only to be freed by the Eternal Conflict."

That was the Prophecy Paff told Neko about on their way here, to soon to be 1034 Pigeon Lane, PhigrOS. Paff was the Ephermal Light, Neko noted. The Eternal Conflict was beyond Neko's knowledge.

Paff did something, a spell, whatever, Neko did not notice, and a glimmering rainbow of red drained from him, pouring into the faraway flower meadow. The red glints and stains, the antennae, all the unhuman features disappeared, washed away by the crimson river.

EK looked just like a normal boy now, not the one who nearly destroyed all of Neko's homeland.

"That'll seal his magical powers. He'll remain here for a long long time." Paff sighed, but confidently.

"Until the Eternal Conflict, right?" Neko asked.

"Yes," Paff's gaze darkened, as if forseeing the turmoil and trouble after that. "The Tempest at Present. Whoever that would be, it would be far away..."

"But only his magic, right? He can still play rhythm games..." Neko asked again. Curiosity won't kill the cat this time.

"Yes, I cannot do anything, sorry."

"But this will be Pigeon Lane, like, it will be 1034 Pigeon Lane, to be exact! It's about to become Phigros territory! What about the songs in Phigros? What about the Pigeons? They would be killed, they would be like our own charts back in Cytus!" Neko was devastated by the thought that they may destroy another world in order to save their own.

"Sometimes sacrifises have to be made..."

Neko and Paff looked up at the Mopemope Meadow, where the sun was rising from the ground, a light, an ephermal light, bringing the conflict.

"For us, it'll be perfect. For EK, it'll be good."

"Good as gone."