How it Began

It was a stormy night, the rain was coming down hard onto a hot air balloon ship. A grumpus with long braided dark pink hair with a light peach body color was driving it through this storm. she looked over the side of her ship and she saw the island she was traveling to. Great. Yet before she could utter a thought she heard something big, she looked and saw something fly into her ship. It was too dark to see what it was, all the grumpus heard "meza".

Because of the creature hitting the ship she grump lost her footing and fell out of it. Lucky landing on a small cliff area, yet only to see her ship flying to the center of the island without her. Well that is just great

As she looked she saw what looks like a small cave, hoping to find a way to the center of the island she goes in. As she walks into the cave something spoked her. It was small and fast. She notices the little thing crawl under a gap between some rocks. She made it through the small cave and made it to a wooden bridge. 

Just then a small earthquake happened to knock over something that looked like a statue of a strawberry. Wanting to get over the bridge before another earthquake happened the grumpus began her walk over the bridge lucky she made it to the other side before a second earthquake happened. she walked into a small forest, where it felt like she was being watched. 

She went through the forest after a short walk she made it to a ladder that took she much be going the right way, yet luck was still not on her side. She looked up she finally saw the creature that hit her ship. It was a...flying butterfly pizza? At that moment another earthquake happened!  Causing the grumpus to fall off the cliff she ended up landing on a rock. Knocking her out.

Two Weeks Earlier

A video protector began to play on the screen in an office of the grumpus newspaper. It was a black and white video. As it played a grumpus was on screen she was wearing an explorer's hat and a scarf. She began to speak

"Are we rolling?" 

She coughs to clear her throat before she continues.

"Greetings! I am Lizbert Megafig; Interpid explorer. Seeker of the unknown, hunter of undiscovered creatures-"

At that moment another grump came on screen she was more "egg shape" than Liz who happen to be wearing a nurse's hat. she kisses Liz on the lips smiling as she looked into the camera.

"And she's a real charmer!"

"Ahaha, Eggabell stop!" Liz giggled

"What the people deserve to know" Eggabell replied

"Your the only one who gets to know," Liz replied back

Eggabell began to giggle as she walked off-screen

"Okay Okay okay."

She said as Liz turns back to the camera clearing her throat again before continuing.

"I'm Lizbert, and I have made an incredible discovery here on Snaktooth Island!"

Liz began to pan the camera around to show what looked like a start-up for a small town.

"But this is more than a mere expedition! My followers and I have started building a new community here! Construction of our new settlement is well underway!"

In the background, you can see grampuses building houses, clearing the ground, and a few other things as well. It was a sight to see.

"And what draws us so far away from civilization? What discovery could tempt us to start a new life in the untamed wild?"

Liz paused for a moment before shouting.

"Bugsnax!"

At that moment Eggabell runs on-screen smiling so big her face should be hurting. She began to speak.