NIGHT DRIVE

The night was dark, it was midnight when they decided to take a road trip. They just want to feel the breeze and run away from lights filled the sky atop the houses.

"Is it nice?" Miyuki wearing her beautiful black dress, leaning her head on the headrest, looking at the scenery outside.

"Sometimes it does. It is nice to drive around in the middle of night as we don't get to do this often." Sayaka set her eyes on the road as she driving.

The road that seemed far away, took their voice by giving them night cold wind.

"If we get lost, I blaming myself for letting my foot on the gas without knowing where we are going" Sayaka fixed the blanket that was on Miyuki. Not moving her eyes away.

"I thought you gonna blame me for taking this midnight road trip." Miyuki chuckles.

"You never wrong in my eyes" Sayaka take a peek at Miyuki and give a smile. "Still my fault for kidnapping you and bring you away"

"It's not a kidnap if I was the one who told you to bring me out" Miyuki tightens her grip on her blanket.

A long way to go, did they come too far? They don't care. They just want to run away from reality.

I'm suffocating like I was not myself. The wind and the old days, just says hello to me by wrapping around me and comforts me. I couldn't breathe. I hate this. I don't want this. I never want to. The memories coming back to me like they hate me. Well, I hate them too, so fair. Miyuki trying to get her breath stable.

"You okay babe?" Sayaka take a peek at Miyuki worriedly.

"I'm good, just take few breaths and I will be fine." Said Miyuki weakly.

"Care to tell me what's wrong?" Sayaka take Miyuki right hand and bring their hands on the gear stick.

"I remember about the old days. It engulfs me making me couldn't breathe" Miyuki state her reason.

"No wonder you're not afraid of the dark. Nothing outside your head could be as scary as what's inside it. I know how hurt it was, to you, to us. But still, we can't run away from them. They will always there to hunt us." Sayaka wraps her fingers into Miyuki's. Perfectly nice fit. Sayaka look at Miyuki's eyes "Like the gaps between my fingers were meant for yours."

Miyuki smiled and lean her head onto Sayaka's shoulder.

"Silly"

Don't you worry, when you walking on this road. I will put you at ease, so you can see the night, this beautiful dark night clearly. People thought darkness was gloom and scary, but as you look at it, it's a peace. No one is there, as they afraid. Just us alone, the brave ones who can see the beauty attached to it. Sayaka determined to not letting Miyuki hurt, once again.

________________________________________________

They stopped at the quick stop after long road trip. Sayaka got out from the car and lean her back to the door. One foot up while looking at the stars. She pulls her cigarette from her jean jacket, lighting it up and take a whiff.

What if I know this earlier? Will I be able to save myself from jumping into this hell pit? If it's not me, at least her.

"I thought you stopped smoking." Miyuki stay unmoved in the car, not taking interest going out from the car.

"Not this time Miyuki. That will not work on me" Sayaka take another puff.

"Even though I told you so?" Miyuki raised her eyebrow.

Sayaka turned her body and lowered her body the same as the car window, one hand holding the brim between the hood and window. "I will after I see you better."