Prologue

LakeStorm padded through the DarkForest. His eyes looking for a specific cat. He felt a cold breeze against his pelt. Which, made him pause and sigh. "I know you're there, Shaded'Flame" The Tom spoke. Turning around to see his friend and mentor here. "LakeStorm! It's been 2 moons since you've visited. What must be so much more important than seeing me?" ShadedFlame spoke. Glaring at LakeStorm. The slightly shorter Tom huffed "My mate is going to be having kits soon. I was taking care of her" He spoke with a huff. Glaring at the other Tom. "I cannot stay here ShadedFlame. You may have treated me well, but I'm going to have a new family soon. My kits are due any day now. And I cannot let them know what their father has done." LakeStorm explained. Before he suddenly felt himself being slammed against the ground by Shaded'Flame. "A New family? Let them know what their father has done? Oh LakeStorm you are surely mistaken. You owe me your life. You made your choices when you wanted to start seeing me again and now you wish to turn your back on me?! So be it. From this day forward, I promise you, I will take all you love and nurture, and show you what I truly stand for, because you will not, take what I did for you for granted." The bigger tom snarled. Before suddenly Lake'Storm woke up to the sound of a familiar she-cat's yowls coming from the nursery. Silver'Heart was kitting-. He got to the nursery right as the final kit was born. He looked at his mate. Nuzzling her and giving her a lick on the forehead. He sighed, looking at the medicine cat, then to the small little kits on the ground. "Two of them are dead.... I'm sorry Silver'Heart" The medicine cat spoke, voice heavy with sorrow. Silver'Heart looked at the one alive kit, her eyes wide with pain and grief. The small black and white kit was squirming around and whining. LakeStorm looked at her. Getting a sad nod from his mate. He sighed, leaning forward and licking the tiny kit, scooping her up and putting her with Silver'Heart. "Welcome to the world, Dusk'Kit" he murmured quietly. "I have faith you'll be an amazing warrior some day" He said smiling faintly. He already knew what he had to do. Though, sadly he didn't think he had it in him. But, he had to protect his family. So he did what he knew he had to do.

He turned and walked out of the nursery, his head held low. He couldn't let ShadedFlame control his life... Or his daughter for that matter.