Chapter 1: The Cursed Twins (Part 1)

MARCH 24th 2019

~~~~~~~~

In the years that followed, the seven children grew up. Allison had a child, but it was the arrival of two others, twins in fact, that would change everything and possibly save the world. Their names were Christian Jr. and Vivian, named by their parents, with Christian, now known as "Number 5," adopting the name Christian, or Cristo in Spanish.

It had been a while since the family had been together—until their father's death changed everything. Each of the siblings, scattered across different locations, learned of the news and returned to the mansion. It was as they had left it, evoking faint childhood memories. Yet, they were not here for nostalgia but for the shocking death of Mr. Hargreeves.

After reuniting, the family gathered in the living room to talk about their father. However, tensions rose, and the conversation didn't go well. Luther, feeling the weight of the moment, retreated to his room and played a familiar song, turning the mood into an impromptu dance party. Suddenly, an electrical surge interrupted them, sending the family into alarm. Was it a temporal anomaly? Two figures appeared, younger than when they had last seen them—Christian Jr. and Caitlyn's twins.

"Does anyone see Number 5 and Caitlyn's twins?" one of the siblings asked.

"Shut up or shove it," Christian, now with a name, retorted angrily.

They stared at the twins, speechless.

"Shit," both Christian Jr. and Vivian muttered in unison.

Hargreeves Mansion – Kitchen

Christian Jr. and Vivian were in the kitchen gathering ingredients for sandwiches.

"What's the date, the actual date?" Christian Jr. asked while space-jumping to the table with Vivian.

"March 24th," Vanya answered.

"So, aren't we going to talk about what happened?" Diego asked sternly.

The twins remained vague, continuing to make sandwiches without responding. Luther, frustrated, stood up.

"It's been seven years, ironically."

The twins shot back, "It's been a hell of a lot longer than that," before space-jumping again.

"Where'd you go?" Vanya asked, dizzy from watching them.

"The future. It's awful," Christian Jr. replied.

"Told you!" Klaus exclaimed.

Vivian, rummaging in the fridge, added, "We should've listened to the old man. Jumping through space is one thing, but jumping through time?"

"It's a toss of the damn dice," Christian Jr. finished.

"Do you two ever stop?" Diego sighed.

"It's impossible," Christian Jr. responded. "Genetically, we finish each other's—"

"—sentences," Vivian smiled.

The twins glanced at Klaus, who was wearing one of Allison's skirts. "Nice dress," they remarked in unison.

"Why, danke!" Klaus replied, unbothered.

"Wait, how did you two get back?" Allison asked.

Christian Jr. replied while preparing his sandwich, "In the end, we had to project our consciousness into a suspended quantum state that exists across every possible instance of time."

Diego frowned. "That makes no sense."

Vivian smirked. "Well, it would if you were smarter."

As Diego stood to confront them, Christian Jr. addressed his father. "How long were you there?"

"Forty-five years, give or take."

"So, you're both fifty-eight now?" Klaus asked, confused.

"No, you idiot," Vivian said. "Our consciousness is fifty-eight. Our bodies are twelve."

Vanya, still perplexed, asked, "How does that even work?"

Christian Jr. grinned. "Delores said the equations were wrong. Bet you're laughing now."

"Kinda," Vanya admitted.

The twins glanced at the newspaper on the table. "Guess we missed the funeral."

"How'd you know about that?" Luther asked.

Christian Jr.'s tone turned sharp. "What part of the future do you not understand? Heart failure, huh?"

Luther nodded. "Yeah."

Diego added, "No."

"Nice to see nothing's changed," Vivian muttered as they walked away.

Allison, still shocked by their nonchalance, asked, "That's it? That's all you have to say?"

As the twins left, Christian Jr.'s voice echoed through the mansion. "What else is there to say? It's the circle of life."

Klaus couldn't resist. "Well, that killed The Lion King."

The others glared at him. "Hey, don't look at me. They're the ones who said it."

Hargreeves Mansion – Family Room

Christian Jr. and Vivian stood in front of their childhood portraits, deep in thought. Vanya approached, her footsteps soft.

"Good to know the old man didn't forget us," Christian Jr. remarked.

Vivian added, "I read your book, by the way. Found it in the library."

Vanya looked surprised. "They hate me."

Vivian responded, "There are worse things that could happen."

Vanya quietly replied, "Like what happened to your uncle, Ben?"

The twins lowered their heads, never having met their uncle. Born a year after his death, they knew little about him beyond the statue that stood in the academy courtyard.

As the family gathered for their father's funeral, the twins felt detached. They were back, but with them came the weight of their mysterious time apart—the cursed twins.

To be continued...

A/N: Bringing back this version of the story. Please give this a vote, and feedback would be nice!