Chapter 29

I aspire to be this dramatic!

TW: protect thine eyes! sexual content

Sai

I paced to and fro in my bedroom, I couldn't get the scent of my mate out of my senses, I could still feel the weightlessness of holding my sleeping daughter a few hours ago. I looked at my trembling hands that hadn't stopped shaking since I placed her tiny form into her grandmother's arms.

'What have I done?' 'What was I going to do?' these two questions dominated my mind. I still can't believe that the woman from that night is my mate or that those babies existed. After that night I had worked hard to forget about her; the sad look she gave me when she swallowed that pill had haunted me for months before I shoved it to the back of my mind.

When those same eyes stared at me from under the pouring fountain, I was torn between holding her and running away. I wanted her so bad and yet I was so scared of messing up and hurting her or myself or even worse now, the risk of hurting my children.

My whole life had changed tonight, I now had a mate and children; a family. In one night I have found something that I always thought would never be a reality for me. Three pairs of eyes had imprinted themselves on my mind, each needed something different from me; I could provide for them, I could easily protect them but the wounds on my soul would never allow me to foster a meaningful relationship with them.

There is no way I could get close to them without giving them all of myself, and the risk of destroying all of us in the process with my mess loomed over me. I got on to my knees with my head in my hands because the ruminating thoughts in my head made it so heavy. I really wish my wolf was here, he would balance me out; for the first time since we were separated I actually felt inadequate.

We had found a way to make it work; we had both developed our strengths and could fulfill our duties even better because of our separation. It actually made me a better king, my handicap had become my strength, but the demands of being a mate and a father needed both of us consciously working together.

"Goddess, please don't give them to me just to take them away, help me please." I whispered in anguish, the cost of failing this time would be too high. It was my job to serve the kingdom, they depended on me to create a functioning society, that was important and I had done it well for the most part.

My father had usurped power from the ruthless ancient king and bred me to complete his mission of unifying the werewolf kingdom. Even after being reborn, Goddess had given me all that I needed to foster a peaceful kingdom; every war, every aggressor had been eradicated.

A personal intimate relationship required a different skill set, when I was with Marie, I gave her all of me as is required of mates but she used me for my power, my influence and my wolf. She chewed me and spit me out a shell of myself, I was so blinded by love that I ended up losing everything.