viii

_______________

love could be labeled poison
but we'd drink it anyways.
atticus

song choice
joji - glimpse of us

"Where have you two been?!" A still drunk Jeongyeon says the moment Mina and Y/N returned to the group in the living room. "Is Nayeon unnie that heavy that it took you both forever?"

By the time they returned, Dahyun and Tzuyu had passed out, sleeping with their heads stacked on one another. Momo and Sana were still awake but barely, their actions being slow as their bodies were breaking down on them. They were simply holding their empty shot cups in their hands while mumbling their words to one another. Jihyo was just as awake as Jeongyeon was, sitting in her spot, drunk from the amount of alcohol drank the whole night. They looked sleepless with the amount of tears in their eyes that caused them to turn red from yawning one too many times.

"Sorry, the sky was nice so we decided to look at them for a little." Y/N answered before making her way to Dahyun and Tzuyu. "I'll carry them one by one to the rooms. I don't want them to wake up with a sore back and neck. Y'all are getting old, can't have you all end up like halmeoni Nayeon." The way Y/N spoke her reasoning made Jeongyeon and Jihyo laugh in their seats. Mina just stared with her arms crossed, standing behind the couch where Momo and Sana resided with a grin on her lips at Y/N's choice of words.

"I swear every time I think you're gonna say something sweet, it just comes off as a diss." Jeongyeon says after calming down, her finger going up to wipe the tears that fell from her eyes. Getting up from her spot, the tall woman goes to make her way besides Y/N who was getting ready to carry Dahyun. "Let me help."

"Don't, you're drunk." Y/N replied back with a stern look on her face that she gave to the older woman. "You'll drop them. Tzuyu unnie wouldn't be very happy if she wakes up in the morning feeling like Momo unnie."

"Hey I heard that!" Momo said in her seat, somehow able to process her words well with the amount of alcohol in her system. "I'm not that dumb you know!"

"I was joking unnie. You're really smart." Y/N said with a genuine smile on her lips. "You learned to speak Hangul and live in a country foreign to your own culture. That takes guts. You just have tendencies where. . . you are very special, you know what I mean?"

Not knowing whether to take Y/N's reply as a compliment, Momo just rolls her eyes and crossed her arms, leaning back onto the couch as Sana lays her head on her shoulder to nap.

Being careful in her actions as she was before with the eldest member of the group, Y/N carries Dahyun in her arms before heading over back to the stairs to bring the thin woman into the same room with Nayeon in to lay her on the bed.

Not wanting majority of the others to walk themselves to the rooms, Y/N goes out of her way to carry Tzuyu, then Momo, and then Sana—the two fell asleep as Y/N brought Tzuyu into the room—into the available rooms. Jihyo, Jeongyeon, and Mina watch the woman silently as she goes to work. Not wanting to distract the woman or wake the others up, they also couldn't help but admire their younger friend for caring for them the way she did.

The fact that she carried five of them into the rooms without a break made Jihyo think of how much the woman had grown in not only maturity, but in her body. Y/N did appear more strong by her figure. When Jihyo hugged her, she felt the muscle, and she wanted nothing more than to ask Y/N if she wanted to workout with her one day to see the woman in action.

As Y/N returned with a small huff, she goes to stand before the two still sitting figures. "Do you both also need help up to the rooms?" She asked. Jihyo and Jeongyeon shook their heads before getting up.