Introduction To Islam

Islam in its' simplest means "Submission to God". Submission is when you accept that there is someone more superior than you, and in this case, it's when you accept that God is the superior one. That doesn't mean that if you did believe that there is a god and he's more superior than you, then you are part of Islam. No, because Christians believe that there is a god and Jews believe that there is a god, so there wouldn't be any difference in religion if it really was that simple. Let's give an example. Your boss tells you to come to work at 7am. You wake up and decide that you want to go work at 9am instead. What would the boss say about that? He'd say "I told you to come at 7am and you refused to follow my orders. I have no need for people who would rather do as they want than follow my rules. Your Fired!". From this example, you can tell that the Boss is the superior one and that he wants his workers to follow his rules. A worker refuses to follow them and therefore was punished for his action by losing his job. In the same way, God has set rules for us to follow. It is our duty to fulfil those rules and avoid breaking them, or else we would get punished, just like the worker. So saying that you believe in God also means that you have to follow his rules, otherwise you wouldn't be a true believer. What are those rules? The holy books. Each religion has a holy book. Jews follow the Torah, Christians follow the Bible and Muslims follow the Quran. All the holy books tell you to live in a certain way. They are the message of God sent down to earth as a guidance to humanity. However, at the end of the day it is your choice if you follow them or not and the result will depend on which one you choose to take.
---
If You Liked This Chapter, Please Consider Giving It A Vote
---